Close

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Technician
    First let me say thank you !!!
    Ok now let me get you up to speed.
    I got calibrations done tonight and really wanted to print somehting but didnt have time to do calibration tool , so i printed calibration blocks instead. just as a test.
    tell me what you think i should do to get these blocks looking better...

Btw , after i figured out the calibration and leveling process.... I messed everything up by taking bed apart and installed the new hotend so none of my old setting would be right, took me about 30 minutes to recalibrate and level!!! pretty excited.

But yea , any pointers that maybe i should change or do before trying to print the calibration tool you recomended ???

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ir3q3vyph...a1gQv8j8e0KX9a < Photos of my calibration blocks

Engineer-in-Training
    I presume it is PLA?

You are printing the top part too hot. The plastic layed down does not have enough time to solidify as the nozzle is returning too fast to the same location. The new 'track' is thus dragging the layer below with it. You can probably adjust this in your slicer (minimum layer time). An extra cooling fan will also help with PLA. Or bringing down the printing temperature. The latter however will reduce the maximum printing speed you can get.

Also your hotend may be jittering/oscillating due to the similar rapid motion changes at the top part. If the effector rods are nice and tight, then slowing down may do the trick, or adjust the max acceleration settings in the firmware.

Overall it seems that your extrusion rate is a bit too high as well. That can also be adjusted in the slicer.

What filament, nozzle temperature and printing speed settings (width, height and mm/s printing speed) are you using?

Agreed it is a little bit too hot. And also agreed that there is a slight over extrusion. But I can tell you that calibration block is very difficult to get right at the top.

Technician
    I'm printing pla, with 1.75 mm filamet, 4mm nozzle... those blocks where printed at 205 c.
    When I was doing the extruder calibration it was literally like .2 mm off , I click 100 mm I got 100 mm. Should I decrees this?

As far as the speeds, was not sure where to find those things so I took pics of any settings I had that I thought might be what your talking about or relevant to this new issue. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ut0jenfpx...JnTQK_n-a?dl=0
    If there is a setting you need to see let me know , I can get a pic or something of it asap. Wanting to try printing again tonight...

And on a side n9te, when done printing , should I back filamet out of nozzle or just leave it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickschaos81 View Post
    First let me say thank you !!!
    Ok now let me get you up to speed.
    I got calibrations done tonight and really wanted to print somehting but didnt have time to do calibration tool , so i printed calibration blocks instead. just as a test.
    tell me what you think i should do to get these blocks looking better...

Btw , after i figured out the calibration and leveling process.... I messed everything up by taking bed apart and installed the new hotend so none of my old setting would be right, took me about 30 minutes to recalibrate and level!!! pretty excited.

But yea , any pointers that maybe i should change or do before trying to print the calibration tool you recomended ???

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ir3q3vyph...a1gQv8j8e0KX9a < Photos of my calibration blocks

A print! Yeaaaaah!

Well, I'm glad you're up and running. The deep end isn't so bad when you have floaties. If you have any more questions specific to Delta's or calibration don't hesitate to send me a PM or whatever. However, I'm a lot less helpful when it comes to print quality. I'm still trying to get my Kossel to spit out high quality prints...and I'm really close.

Technician
    Fair enough, I think thsee two guys will help on the quality... again, thank you to all

Engineer-in-Training
    The settings seem pretty OK to me. You can increase the filament diameter a little (1.78 for example) to extrude a little less.

The problem with the top layers is that the slicer does slow down the speed when a layers takes less than 60 seconds, but never slower than 10 mm/s. Try printing at 190 degrees. You may need to slow down the infill speed from 60 mm/s to something like 40-50 mm/s at that temp though.

Do you have a cooling fan that blows on the printed object (not the one that cools the heatbreak)? With PLA you will most likely need it.

Technician
    Okay so basically adjust my filament size a hair. Should I slow down extruder speed? Or print speed? Would a free standing fan aimed at print work?

Engineer-in-Training
    Slow down the infill speeds (the 60 mm/s values) and lower the nozzle temperature to 190. The other speeds you can just keep.

Technician
    Will do! Try and get that calibration tool printed tonight. Thanks again!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast