Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which material has highest similarity with human specimen?

I want to print a specimen most similar with human specimen by plastic-based materials.Which material i should use?

Quote Originally Posted by rsmlgen View Post
    I want to print a specimen most similar with human specimen by plastic-based materials.Which material i should use?
    I think NinjaFlex would probably be the closest, that I know about.
    It's flexible and is available is several colors close to skin colors.

http://www.ninjaflex3d.com/products/...lex-filaments/

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Do you mean most similar texture? Chemically simialr? Density? Consistency? Which organ? There's not a "human" filament.

I think NinjaFlex would probably be the closest, that I know about.
    It's flexible and is available is several colors close to skin colors.

http://www.ninjaflex3d.com/products/...lex-filaments/
    Thanks for the answer,actually i was not much specific about what i want to do,for example i want to print a heart model,what is the most appropiate material for that,or brain,or bone,or muscle.
    Do you mean most similar texture? Chemically simialr? Density? Consistency? Which organ? There's not a "human" filament.
    Thanks for the answer,that's the thing i want to learn about,like i said which material i should use when i print for example a heart model,or a lung model.

I am waiting for your recommendations.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    There is no one material (besides that specific tissue) which will have all the proper properties.

Do you want something that weighs and feels like a human lung when you hold it, or one that behaves like a human lung when you introduce some chemical, or expose it to heat, or apply electricity?

You must be more specific with your goal in order to receive an appropriate recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    There is no one material (besides that specific tissue) which will have all the proper properties.

Do you want something that weighs and feels like a human lung when you hold it, or one that behaves like a human lung when you introduce some chemical, or expose it to heat, or apply electricity?

You must be more specific with your goal in order to receive an appropriate recommendation.
    I exactly want something that weighs and feels like a human lung when you hold it.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    then your best bet is to get hold of a pigs lung.

There's no current material that mimics a wet, leaky collapsing lung.

I guess you could get away with a flexible filament with a thin shell and bubble type infill. But it's not going to feel the same.
    Maybe thin silicon ?
    Davo is the weird material expert :-)
    His machines can extrude just about anything.

Some silicone would be my recommendation. RTV would take a long time to print, but likely give you what you want. Sugru and NinjaFlex would be too stiff. Perhaps some UV-curable silicone.

Thanks for the recommendation but the problem is that I'm in Turkey and there are not much variety of materials getting materials from US is too costy,so among the common materials like ABS,PLA,FLEX or PVA what would be your choice for my purpose.

Student
    There was a news story on the other day where hospitals or printer manufacturers where trying to justify the £700 printed heart, I don't think they used flexible material just a rather expensive replica. What the surgeon can learn from that, that he can't see in the CT scan, I guess is not much, unless it was sections.

At first I thought you where an alien from the future wanting to generate your own pod people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast