Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fixed it, thanks!

Tho I remove the second extruder, as I havent used dual printing. Less weight to drag around
    Didn't want to hassle with positioning the extruders, seems like it's difficult to get perfect height on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
    Fixed it, thanks!

Tho I remove the second extruder, as I havent used dual printing. Less weight to drag around
    Didn't want to hassle with positioning the extruders, seems like it's difficult to get perfect height on both.
    Great ! ! !

Ah, now you have some good Replacement Parts, if you ever Need them ! LOL

yup!

Also after around 500 hours printing the PTFE tube was very bad. Actually had the shape of the nozzle, and was black...

Senior Engineer
    I went from smooth to fully threaded having failed completely to get the non-threaded part out of the aluminium bar. The threaded ones do not stick.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    that's a really clean heat block :-)
    Mine tend to have bits of plastic all over them.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    that's a really clean heat block :-)
    Mine tend to have bits of plastic all over them.
    I found that when the extruder Temp was too High the filament could Boil
    and get on outside of nozzle and block.
    That's when I discovered that nozzles were getting Hotter than indicated at printer's display.
    And used digital thermometer to get Actual Temps at nozzles.
    (averaged about 15 C error)
    Then lowered setting for correct temp.

I'm not saying you are having same problem but someone out there may have that problem ?
    It seems that many people set and leave the temp Way too High anyway !
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 10-13-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
    I remove my nozzles, and was about to replace my PTFE tubing inside. but I notice the heater-block is loose from the cylinder which I guess it's attached to somehow.

I can't figure out how its held in place?

Added picture for better explanation.Attachment 7556
    I had this same problem with mine when I pulled the extruder tip to clear a clog. The whole block shifted and because loose on the shaft it was screwed in to and returning it to its normal position didnt tighten it any.

So right or wrong, I removed the set screw and pulled the whole shaft out and tightened that into the heating block all the way using a pair of needle nose pliers. From there, I used an adjustable wrench to hold the block while I used a socket to reinstall the extruder tip.

Then I put shaft/heater block back to where I thought it was and tightened the set screw. Then I just re-leveled the bed and it prints good now.

I also pulled my 2nd stepper motor off mine, too. I left the extruder and heat block installed because I was too lazy to pull the wires out of the loom. I also redirected the other fan to blow on the working extruder, too.

Like you, I figured less weight would lead to longer lifetimes on the belts and wearable parts.

Technician
    Less weight also means prettier prints. Less moving mass means less backlash around the corners. So you can go faster (and turn up your acceleration) and still get a smooth finish. Or so I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by warkmal View Post
    Less weight also means prettier prints. Less moving mass means less backlash around the corners. So you can go faster (and turn up your acceleration) and still get a smooth finish. Or so I've heard.
    Could this explain why my Creator gets prettier prints than my Creator Pro?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12