Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: simplify3d

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    Hey I added you and am on Skype if you want to hop on
    Hi Bassna , thanks for that, I cannot at the moment as I am at work, how about later this evening?

Has anyone worked with ReplicatorG? Can i have a comparison with S3D?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    RepG is outdated free software that hasn't been actively developed for almost 4 years. S3d is actively developed/supported commercial software. Really hard to compare.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    rep g takes about 4 hours to slice the lefabb articulated elephant (can't give you an exact time after 3 hours I gave up and never used rep g again).
    Simplify3d takes about 30 seconds.

Engineer-in-Training
    Can s3d do mesh mixes like Slic3r does? I want to explore some of the options printing with different fill densities on a single part can offer. I know you can use different settings on separate parts on the prints, but what about separate sections of the same part?

yes - I think, not sure what you mean.

You can have any number of processes on a single print, seperated by vertical height.

You could simply have the print in different bits - apply a seperate process to each part and then move them together om the printbed.
    Essentially ending up with one single object with a variety of different settings.

It won't cut a print into different bits though - that would be useful.

Engineer-in-Training

in that case - yes.
    All he's done is create two models. Applied different settings to each and then stuck them together.

Engineer-in-Training
    Kinda. The second model just provides an area that modifies the initial part. It doesn't simply create two parts. When you load the second part as a modifier it won't slice that part. It only tells the slicer anything in this area gets different setting applied.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony27 View Post
    Ok I will try that tonight!
    So are you saying that I should create my own supports in CAD for each project,
    do you have any examples of some good support designs I could see?
    I wonder if filament quality is an issue? I am using the 2 month old ABS that came with the printer,
    No you don't need to create your own supports, but if you're having problems with supports not adhering to the build plate, a thin model placed under the support will help.

If you have problems with parts curling off the supports, then you may need to adjust your model--adding a few fused support that anchor it to the build plate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast