Hi,

I recently purchased a flashforge creator and replaced the kapton tape with the pre-cut blue painter's tape that came with it. As ABS prints would not stick here, I added a 0.25 inch glass build plate on top of that. So there's the aluminum HBP, the blue painter's, and then the glass. So I've tried using glue and it just does not work. It is sticky in the beginning, but after waiting for it to heat up, the glue somehow dries and becomes very smooth. When the print starts, the ABS just does not stick, messing up the whole print. I've tried preheating the build plate first, without the glass plate, applying a fresh coat of glue, and then placing the glass on the build plate when it's at the right temperature. This has seemed to work, but I do not want to go through the trouble of doing this every time. I also have heard that a coat of glue can last several prints, but every time after heating, the glue dries and becomes too smooth for any ABS adhesion. If anyone could give me advice, that would be much appreciated. By the way, the settings I use are a 220 degree celsius temperature extruder and a 115 degree celsius build plate temperature. The glue I use is the elmer's extra strength glue stick that can be found here: http://elmers.com/product/detail/e5010

Thank you so much.