Close

Question FF Dreamer vs Wanhao Duplicator 4 vs FF Creator pro

Hi guys, I am new to 3d printing. I just quit my job and would like to offer 3d printing services and create my own stuff to sell online. Was thinking of buying a machine to start out.

I was wondering what is more important for a beginner. Should I get a machine with the largest build volume or a machine with the highest print resolution or one that has two extruders?

I would like to have a printer which supports ABS, so a heated plate is a must, since I am looking to do acetone vapour smoothing.

Shall i buy a dual extrusion machine like the Flashforge dreamer? Are there dual extrusion stl files available to download on thingiverse?

For those that actually do printing jobs for people, what percentage of the time do you need to use dual extrusion? What kind of jobs (from which industries) do you get and how much can you charge?

The FF dreamer in my country will cost me about USD 1850. The Creator Pro will run me about USD 2100. Some reviews online show the dreamer to be better. Is this true?

Any other machines you guys recommend? Wanhao Duplicator is USD 1500 here so the cheapest out of the bunch.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Cheers

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    if you're in the states go into a microcenter and buy a powerspec ultra - it's a creator pro for $999.

As for dual extrusion - I've got it on two machines - still haven't really got it working properly.

I can see it being useful - but it's not that simple to use - on replicator clone.

Other machines have different and far easier and more effective ways to implement it.

Good luck making money though - not easy.