Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Real Life 3D Print NanoSuit from Crysis game.

Hello,
    Two months we are working on the project 3D printing life-sized suit of Crysis 3.
    Print lasted three weeks, the rest of the time devoted to combining pieces, smoothing, painting, wrapping foil and fine-tuning the details.
    The project was shown on October 18/19 3DPeurope in Brussels.
    Thank you also for giving consent to the official demonstration, a producer of game company Crytek.
    Printing was made at 11 parts per printer ProCoPrint3D / ME sized working area 40/45/55 cm. The printer is equipped with two heads and 8 stepper motors and a 32-bit motherboard.
    An important fact is that the print was made without the use of a heated table to hold the model we used glue PROGLU3D PLA-Cold.

http://www.rtbf.be/video/detail_la-s...-3d?id=2052201

http://www.rtbf.be/video/detail_la-s...-3d?id=2052201
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ProCoPrint3D; 10-31-2015 at 11:50 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I was going to ask: why ?
    But it's to advertise your printers :-)

Impressive modelling !

Amazing project. I'm a big fan of the game so this was particularly interesting...

Hello,
    I gave some information about my printer because often in other forums people asking questions on what the printer was printed and what is accessories. In this case, the dimensions and equipment is important at a time and print quality. You can not do that in 11 parts, for example, a printer, Felix in such a short time. It is the world's first print suit Crysis 3 and was made on my printer ProCoPrint3D and we have official permission from Crytek to show a printed model, a 3D printing company. The information did not give a link to the manufacturer's website or store.
    Best wishes
    Christopher Zuk

wasn't having a go at you - but for the time and effort invested in this kind of project - there has to be an actual motive.

Ah - I thought it was the printer manufacturers stand it was behind - but on a closer look it's a filament manufacturer/retailer it appears to be advertising.

Again - nothing wrong with that :-)

But - to me - it's a lot of time and effort and expense to end up with a big plastic figurine that doesn't actually do anything.

Each to their own :-)

Does the bow work ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 11-03-2015 at 05:52 AM.

Hello,
    Latest images are from the exhibition 3DPEurope in Brussels, I had a box with the cooperating company, which manufactures filaments for printers and my sponsor.
    Arch unfortunately does not work as real as it would have to be made of carbon fiber and metal parts. However, as a primary weapon in Crysis 3 and I had to print it.

Further projects are the machines from the movie and the game Star Wars.
    Here are a few photos from drafting to 3D printing.

WOW!!!!! Dude that is so dope! Congrats to yall! I'm blown away.

that is some seriously skilled design work - what cad program do you use ?

Love the size compared to build volume. Looks like you're making a full size walker :-)

Hello,
    For modeling, we use several programs because there is no single universal. Part of the things we are doing with the software Cubify Design and ProEdit other using Rhino and other. G code we generate for Simplify3D. It is a really complex process. These are not the real dimensions of the machine because they wanted us to hundreds of kilograms filament, and such sponsors do not have:> Of course it is also about print time, even though my printer prints at a speed of 200 mm / second. All models are trying to limit the size of 2.5 / 3 meters (to fit in the room) There is no problem if a customer orders original size, a matter of time and finances.
    Element in the shape of a cube with XYZ axis of the field work of my machine.

Excellent Project.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast