Close

Replicator mini, unable to access menu.

I have just bought my first 3D printer, replicator mini. I install the makerbot desktop 3.7 and connected my macbook pro. I cant get the printer to do anything because whenever I click "print" the message "printer is busy" comes up.
    I thought it may need a later firmware to work with the latest 3.7 desktop but I can't access the menu as it is greyed out like this.

Replicator Mini Menu.jpg

Does anyone know a reason why the menu is greyed out or a way to install makerbot desktop 3.6 to try.
    Is there a way to install a later firmware without using makerbot desktop?
    I think this may have been used by the shop as a demo machine as it was on display but the printer head was in still the bag so I am not sure.

I have also tried using another Mac and 2 windows 7 computers, all with the same result.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mark

I have the same exact problem, on my windows7 machines and my windows 10 machine.

using makerbot desktop 3.7, same issue, downto the screenshot

This is the third printer in a week I have received as a replacement!

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...op-Version-3-7

go here and download version 3.6. I installed that and it recognized my printer and told me the firmware was out of date. Started the update process.

Hopefully this solves the issue for anyone else that has this problem.

I took my Rep mini back after talking to the distributor and got the Rep 2, Same problem.
    Then customer support replied to my email and said the firmware was too old for 3.7 desktop so I installed 3.6and all is working. darwinasm86 is right on the money.

Mark