Close

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar

TCT 2015 review: part one - stuff what I blagged :-)

far as filament samples goes - 2015 was the best year yet !
    Some extremely generous people and companies. So without further ado here's what I came home with. Free, gratis and for nothing :-)

This is the general collection. The red and green samples top centre are antimicrobial pla from WEDOPRINTING.COM
    Food safe as it actively kills bacteria.
    Top left are three little spools from these guys:

Bottom left is a new type of nylon that's supposed to be much easier to use than the taulman stuff and doesn't need an enclosed printer. The black with it is a carbon fibre type filament both from this guy:

The four packets top right are from globalfasd.com
    'cos I was good at their printed games :-) I even did the beep machine left handed.
    That includes a couple different flavours of ninjaflex and some porolay - the stuff that's partially soluble.
    The small roll of copper filament and the small roll of clear flexible pla came from a new chinese company that I don't appear to have taken a picture from. Weird - was sure I had. I'll look later.

So that was the small stuff lol
    Last visit of the day we went and had a chat with the newly renamed polymaker company (used to be polymakr) apparently customers just couldn't get their heads round the missing 'e' - so they put it back.

Here's what they kindly gave me:

Top left we've got 3x10 metre samples of different coloured polyflex - my favourite flexible filament.
    Top right we've got a 200 gm roll of their brand new polycarbonate filament and a square of buildtak to print it on !
    Bottom right we've got a 300gm roll of black polyflex - did I say how awesome these guys are !
    They didn't have any 10 metre samples of the polycarbonate or black polyflex - so they just gave me the big rolls.
    These guys are AWESOME !
    Also as they've now got a dutch base - the polymaker filament price in the uk is going to drop. I asked and 3dfilaprint will be getting the full polymaker range in stock in the near future :-)

And obviously there were pens and even a mug :-)

And thats why gentle folk of the net you need to get off your bottoms and go to 3d printer shows :-)

More reviews and info about tct 2015 over the next week or so. Including videos and lots more pics - some even in focus !
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-01-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Senior Engineer
    Name change: Curious Magpie

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Name change: Curious Magpie
    Heh. 567890

you're just jealous. :-)

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    A nice collection of pens there

lol I only grabbed a few - think my mate got a dozen or so - although he spent most of the day complaining that nobody had any cloth bags this year. Plenty of jars of sweets (candy for you yanks) around, bugger all fancy bags :-)