Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There's a google support group for the WanHao. Lots of info, including 3rd party firmware:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!fo...hao-printer-3d

For those thinking of buying a D4X or wanting to let a friend/family member know where to get one, check out 3DPrintMegastore.com
    Cheapest seller of Wanhao machines in the UK and Europe, plus we SHIP WORLDWIDE!

Thinking of buying this one

Engineer-in-Training
    This one and a Flash Forge both now seem to have a big user base and forums for help.

I have a Duplicator 4. For at least few months now. At first I was so frustrated because I just couldn't get the bed level. I then seen, after a few days, that my extruders were not level. One sat lower than the other. It was an easy fix with a couple of little pieces of thick paper, under one side of the dual extruder. It now prints great. I would like to thank some of you for pointing out some of the other problems. I'm going to have to check for loose stuff on the machine, just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DPrintMegastore View Post
    For those thinking of buying a D4X or wanting to let a friend/family member know where to get one, check out 3DPrintMegastore.com
    Cheapest seller of Wanhao machines in the UK and Europe, plus we SHIP WORLDWIDE!
    What's the price in US dollars?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Stonegiant View Post
    I have a Duplicator 4. For at least few months now. At first I was so frustrated because I just couldn't get the bed level. I then seen, after a few days, that my extruders were not level. One sat lower than the other. It was an easy fix with a couple of little pieces of thick paper, under one side of the dual extruder. It now prints great. I would like to thank some of you for pointing out some of the other problems. I'm going to have to check for loose stuff on the machine, just to make sure.
    if you can squeeze your carriage feed belt and the two sides easily touch, its too loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    if you can squeeze your carriage feed belt and the two sides easily touch, its too loose.
    Thank you, I'll try that.

I got one for about 1250 American dollars. We've put it through the wringer, having students build things in Blender, made code in ReplicatorG and also now in Makerware. The machine has some real plusses, and the customer support is pretty good so far. I've had problems, and they're really optimistic, respond rather quickly, explain things logically with photos, and there is a pretty big base of people using them. It's a Chinese clone of a Replicator2 Dual, as I understand. Plus-obviously, dual extruder. Runs with PLA or ABS. SD drive on the machine. Large build plate. Year warranty. Flashforge is three months. Makerware works with it pretty well. So far, I've left it unattended while building, and I had it run out of PLA, and the extruder go clogged with crystalized PLA. Had to dig it out with a 0.4 mm drill bit, which isn't easy to find. The vibrations of the machine will cause the little bolts/nuts to vibrate loose. Our printer came with a bunch of extras and some tools to work on it. If you have a 3D printer, you have to get ready to do some maintenance and fixing. Our D4 came with the MK9 not MK10 extruder, so hopefully yours will have the 10. I upgraded the firmware on the motherboard to SailfishR24 I think version 7.6. This caused me to lose the onboard leveling script, so now I have to do it by hand, but I think it's okay. The ABS won't stick very well yet--maybe once I mix up some ABS juice, I have only tried hairspray and only once did it work. But PLA on masking tape sticks well and pops off well when it's done. Now I have a tool failure on the left extruder and they think the cable (thermocouple) is the culprit. A new part is on the way and I sent the old one in. The company is cordial and seem dedicated to happy customers. Glad I went for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12