Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wanhao Duplicator 4X- Dual Extruder - Any opinions?

What do you guys think about this Dual Extruder 3D Printer, called the Wanhao Duplicator 4X?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FH3YL96

Think it's worth the price? Seems like an awesome printer at a very low price, but what do you think the quality is like?

Student
    I have the Wanhao Duplicator 3. The Duplicator 4 seems to be awesome. The quality of the Duplicator 3 (two extruders too) is not bad. I havent a comparison to a "quality brand", but you can be proud of the prints for this price, in accuracy and optical impression.

Easyrider, have you ever used a MakerBot Replicator 2? How would you say the Duplicator 3 compares to that?

Student
    No, i never used a Makerbot. But on photos, the results seems equal. Sure is, that the quality is much better as the from the most repraps. Only the polyimide tape on the heating bed is bad quality, i think. I have big problems with adhesion, when i print without paintertape. (PLA)

The Wanhao Dup 4X is down to 899 Euro on Amazon. I'm seriously considering ordering one. To me this seems like the best printer for the money right now. Am I wrong?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMikeMitchell View Post
    The Wanhao Dup 4X is down to 899 Euro on Amazon. I'm seriously considering ordering one. To me this seems like the best printer for the money right now. Am I wrong?
    It is a good deal for this printer imo.

hi,

I got mine maybe 20 days ago. As i am very new to 3D printing and this being the only printer i used - i can't not have very informed opinion. But i can say - do not
    buy if you are not ready to do some basic repairs on it. When it prints it is great. Maybe i am just unlucky, but after a week the left extruder started pulling intermediately.
    Could be an easy fix, from a look inside there is no material, so no idea. Switched to right one as i don't need both the same time. After 2 days the thermocouple on the right one failed, it was not loose wire, so i had to dissemble the printing head and swap both sensors(also the cables on the motherboard). Another week of printing without problem, but this morning i left it unattended and later found the Kapton tape completely ripped off and nice CNC job on the heatbed

It was not a leveling problem but rather completely loose Y axis assembly, the front two screws had no nuts - i looked for them, but to no avail. So maybe they were missing ? No idea.

But after few minutes, all is fixed, using some masking tape and printing again.

So no idea what to think - is this the usual case with all printers, is this one bad, or i am just unlucky. Overall i am happy, i could bring my idea to life, even with
    a lot of effort.

Hope this helps.

We just bought two of them in the last month. So far they are working great, with the usual problems you will have with any 3D printer, even the high end ones from what I''ve read. I did put on metal arm upgrades (from EBAY) to firm up the build plate. It make is much more stable and I never have leveling problems now. Before that it was touchy, but did level and work fine. They sent me a MK9 extruder upgrade for free. I also had to print a fan shroud (from thingiverse) to get decent bridging.

The leveling hardware fell off during shipping on both of our printers. That was a curve ball I didn't expect. One of the leveling nuts ended up getting stripped. That made leveling very difficult. We turned the nut upside down at got it to work until they sent us a replacement in a few days.

Here's links to a few of my prints:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/make:7157...ent-1312205758
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:282176
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:284392

At this point I would say we are very happy. Tomorrow may be different.
    Last edited by ricswika; 03-31-2014 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricswika View Post
    I did put on metal arm upgrades (from EBAY) to firm up the build plate. It make is much more stable and I never have leveling problems now. Before that it was touchy, but did level and work fine.
    Do you have a link for those ?

Mine seems to be printing fine the last two weeks. I guess it was those missing nuts on the assembly. Also have to give credit to the
    Wanhao company. They actually have support that works, sent me two temperature sensors free of charge.

Gotta say if i knew about this printer earlier than makerfarm i would serieusly have considered it, Great price and the prints look quiet nice,
    It even has double extrusion

Ricswika what speed did you use for those prints? mm/s?
    Looks quiet great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast