Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    I would say go for Ultimaker. I love Ultimaker and it's one of the best startup printer.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    The carbon 3d and the other one that works in a similiar manner, just seem to pull the part from the vat with none of the lifting, dunking and wiping.
    So I would expect them to be a lot more expensive - not necessarily because it'll cost more to make the machines - but because people will pay more for the speed.
    Nobody is going to pay more than $2500 for a "consumer" machine, regardless of speed. So unless they are aiming at a small industrial or niche "prosumer" market, the price won't be any higher than a formlabs or an ultimaker (unless those machines drop their prices).

I expect the Carbon 3D to come out at between $2 and 3k, but I wouldn't be surprised to seem them sell it for as low as $499, if they really believe they can be the first real "consumer" 3d printer.

Now that I know how really Good my $500. printer Is,
    It would have to be something Really Special, like Gold-plated,
    before I would pay more than that for any Other dual-extruder printer.

Any Single-extruder printer that's not less than $500. is Way Over priced !
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 10-05-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    Now that I know how really Good my $500. printer Is,
    It would have to be something Really Special, like Gold-plated,
    before I would pay more than that for any Other dual-extruder printer.

Any Single-extruder printer that's not less than $500. is Way Over priced !
    I appreciate your opinion but i fully disagree.THere are certain things about any printer that people find valuable. Otherwise they wouldnt be selling them.
    I have had a rostockmax , flashforge, markerfarm prusa, and taz 5. all of them had their plusses and minus's (i still own the latter three)

the Printrbot is really cheap printer and i read some about it, all good reviews, just seem be little bit slow.

Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    I appreciate your opinion but i fully disagree.THere are certain things about any printer that people find valuable. Otherwise they wouldnt be selling them.
    I have had a rostockmax , flashforge, markerfarm prusa, and taz 5. all of them had their plusses and minus's (i still own the latter three)
    What I'm saying is that Spending a Lot of Money for a printer does Not make it better,
    than those at a more reasonable price !
    If the lower priced printers work Great and Do what you Need and Want,
    which ours definitely Has !

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    there are reasons for paying more. Some of the new machines make dual extrusion simple and painless. That's worth paying for.

But as far as single nozzle machines go - yeah, you won't see much difference in the print output.

there are reasons for paying more. Some of the new machines make dual extrusion simple and painless. That's worth paying for.

But as far as single nozzle machines go - yeah, you won't see much difference in the print output.
    ??? Our $500. printer has No problem doing Dual-extrusion objects !

But creating the Dual .stl Files is Far from "Simple & Painless" ! LOL
    I have Not learned the Trick to doing Those files yet !

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    try using openscad - making dual print files is really easy.

Essentially you pick the lines of code you want for each file and either copy and paste into two seperate files. Or what i usually do is just '//' out the lines I don't want.

My main issue is getting simplify3d to actually print anything in dual extrusion mode. :-(

The best dual extrusion machine I have seen to date is the bcn3d sigma. Has two seperate extruders. But only uses one at a time - the one that isn't being used gets parked.
    So you don't get oozing, you don't need swipe/wipe walls, purge columns. None of that crap. It just prints two colours or two materials as simply and cleanly as every other printer prints one material.
    Now there are machines that use two extruders into one print head. But they can't do multi material where the two materials have different extrusion temperatures.
    The bcn3d sigma will do any two materials.

Decent print volume too.
    At the moment out of the hundreds I've seen, that's my first choice for a desktop machine.
    Spanish company - so could be expensive to import into the us.

If I had the money I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

try using openscad - making dual print files is really easy.
    Essentially you pick the lines of code you want for each file and either copy and paste into two seperate files. Or what i usually do is just '//' out the lines I don't want.
    Thanks for the Info !
    I have downloaded Openscad but never took time to really learn and use it.
    I will certainly Do that !

Mesh-mixer has been able to do all the Editing needed so far
    but I want to learn more Design software also.

Copy & Paste and Remarking out code certainly Don't sound very easy
    but I will try to figure out what you mean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12