Close

Technician

what a nozzle idea

in regards to the nozzles, what size socket are using to remove them,? I have used a 9mm socket on my torque wrench, but feels a bit loose, are they metric?
    also do you have any tips on holding the aluminum blocks without damaging them in the nozzle change procedure?

Senior Engineer
    If it is very tight I remove the heater and put a silver steel bar down the hole.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    If it is very tight I remove the heater and put a silver steel bar down the hole.
    that sounds interesting,might try that, which hole are you describing if i may ask?

Senior Engineer
    There is only one hole when you remove the heater, the hole where the heater fits.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    There is only one hole when you remove the heater, the hole where the heater fits.
    well that makes sense

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    on my creator x I stick an alen key into the aluminium block (there is asocket) and use that to hold it still.
    No idea what socket I use - it was just the one that fitted - never looked at the size :-)

My big problem is actually finding replacement nozzles that have the right sized shaft for the ptfe guide tube.