Close

Thread: spiking issue

Technician

spiking issue

Hi anyone had this problem, see images attached, seem to be getting spiky bits during the print, ithis is leading to warped prints ,
    also there is a funny grinding sound when moving in the x axis?
    the part is supposed to be a small box, also are the extruder fans supposed to be functioning during the print?
    SAM_5684.jpgSAM_5686.jpgSAM_5688.jpg

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony27 View Post
    Hi anyone had this problem, see images attached, seem to be getting spiky bits during the print, ithis is leading to warped prints ,
    also there is a funny grinding sound when moving in the x axis?
    the part is supposed to be a small box, also are the extruder fans supposed to be functioning during the print?
    SAM_5684.jpgSAM_5686.jpgSAM_5688.jpg
    My first impression is that your temp is way too high, the plastic isn't cooling fast enough which leads to warping and spiking due to oozing and dragging of melted plastic.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by djprinter View Post
    My first impression is that your temp is way too high, the plastic isn't cooling fast enough which leads to warping and spiking due to oozing and dragging of melted plastic.
    thanks for the insight,

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    DjPrinter is right. Your temperature is way too high. Try reducing your temperature at an interval of 5 degrees until you achieve your desired 3d print quality.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Lin View Post
    DjPrinter is right. Your temperature is way too high. Try reducing your temperature at an interval of 5 degrees until you achieve your desired 3d print quality.
    not sure, I mean I am using the same temps as before the rebuild, could it be he nozzle is damaged or the aluminum block is out of position from when I put it back together?