4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Makergear M2

0 0%
  • Ultimaker 2

3 75.00%
  • Zortrax M200

1 25.00%

Need help choosing printer

I need some help choosing my first 3d printer. I know there are tons of questions that need to be answered to make sure I get the best printer. So here is what I have for you to help me decide. I'm in school for mechanical engineering so I like to design stuff. I am also a RC hobbies the which I will use it for most. I want accurate prints with the best quality. I have narrowed my decision to three printers. Ultimaker 2, Makergear M2, or Zortrax M200. please help me decide and please tell me why you made the choice you did. Thanks

Engineer
    Ultimaker 2 for being silent and smooth printing. I could not check zortrax, the website just load forever.
    If you're going to run your printer everyday in the office or lab, it is much better if it runs quietly. The noise is annoying and sometime disrupt your workflow.

Without more info on who you are and what you intend, hard to advise you.

Say for instance : are you in Europe or the US ? Spares will take longer and be more expensive depending on where you live and what you buy.

Do you need a big build plate ? What materials are you looking for ? ...

Zortrax seems pricey for the spec. Have you looked at Lulzbot and Printrbot (especially if you live in the US)

I live in the US and the build plate on most of the printers that i am interested in are at least 8" which is plenty for me. I have looked at the TAZ 5 and i like the specs on it just haven't seen many people using it so i wasn't sure and in the lab at school we have a Printerbot set up they do prints on for the engineering department so i don't want to run the same printer they have.

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    Hi! It actually depends on what kind of models you wanted to get printed. What kind of materials will you be using in 3d printing? What are your targeted audience? Are you using it for personal use or for business? From then on we can narrow down the options and give you a clear recommendation on what 3d printer you should purchase.

Personally I would recommend FlashForge Creator Pro if you're a beginner in 3d Printing industry. It has a good quality of prints and you can tweak and experiment with it. But since you already have three options available, I gotta say go for UltiMaker. Ultimaker also makes good quality prints and it is running quietly. This may be a bit bias but among the three options I only get to experience printing with UltiMaker.

I am wanting to print all kinds of objects from prototypes to just fun prints. I am going to be mostly printing for myself and i might get into printing for people later down the road. I have a budget but not really . i just want the best printer for the money without spending money for no reason.