Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

MakerBot Digitizer on sale - ONLY $750

The Digitizer is now on sale on Amazon.com for $750. More details at http://3dprint.com/makerbot-puts-the...riginal-price/

Wow! What a blow out price! I guess they did not live up to the hype? Sure am glad I resisted the urge when I saw them at Maker Faire.

I was reading the reviews for the digitizer on Amazon, and they really aren't very good. Only got 3/5 stars, which is pretty crappy for stuff on Amazon.

This is a great deal. I am pretty sure I'm gonna get one. Has anyone here used a Digitizer yet?

Now this is a sweet deal. I wish the Digitizer had more feedback around the net, so I could decide if it was worth the money. I don't like relying on Amazon reviews. Truth be told, people that have bad experiences with products are more likely to leave a review than someone that really enjoyed a product. I wonder if this is a sign that MakerBot is working on releasing a new scanner!?

If you have followed MakerBot's sales techniques since 2009, it would probably mean either these may not perform as advertised and are not selling well so they are trying to unload them or they have another product in the works and nearing introduction, so they are trying to unload the previous model first. Many people think that using a 3D scanner is like using a digital camera, and then they are disappointed when they have to "prep" everything first.

Man, I missed this. It's now back up to $949. I would have grabbed one at $750

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Damn, can't believe I missed this.

This would have been what allowed our lab to buy one...

Waat.
    Damnit, that was supposed to be the original price. I put in for a kickstarter for matterform, and they are like 5 months late. If Makerbot had done this in the first place, I would have bought it ASAP.

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    Looks like they are having another comparable sale on this. For a limited time you can get the MakerBot Digitizer for only $799.

More at http://store.makerbot.com/digitizer?...gitizer%20deal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast