Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marlin 1.1

Engineer
    So far i have it loaded.
    the only thing i cant figure out so far is the Z end stiop.. inversion false / true as coping over my previous setting isnt giving the same result.

I have two Z endstops. one on the Servo arm probe and one on the Z access Rail. they are wired in series or parallel (cant recall)
    the one on the Z probe is a cherry switch. that is open when pressed, and the others a regular microswitch that is open when not pressed
    right now the printer things the Z stop is always being triggered.

not sure what im missing.
    Last edited by adamfilip; 09-25-2015 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrot_or_Stick View Post
    I have the full graphical LCD (reprap discount). Your fix for the knob rotation worked great though it does apply universally, not an issue though.
    Yeah, I picked the spot where you would only have to make one change. But every function has a macro defining how it behaves. If you want just a few things to be flipped in direction, you can tweak the macros.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    So far i have it loaded.
    the only thing i cant figure out so far is the Z end stiop.. inversion false / true as coping over my previous setting isnt giving the same result.

I have two Z endstops. one on the Servo arm probe and one on the Z access Rail. they are wired in series or parallel (cant recall)
    the one on the Z probe is a cherry switch. that is open when pressed, and the others a regular microswitch that is open when not pressed
    right now the printer things the Z stop is always being triggered.

not sure what im missing.
    If the switches are wired in series, you want them to be in the "Normally Closed" position when printing and not at an end stop. If the switches are in parallel you want them to be in the "Normally Open" position when printing and not at an end stop. But regardless of whether they are in series or parallel, you want both switches to be in the same "Normally something" state when they are away from end stops.

If you don't have them setup this way, you are asking for trouble!!!

Engineer
    I think i figured out the Endstop issue (for now)

The Servo arm position are reveresed in this version of marlin.
    I had to switch them compared to my last version. to get them to work properly again.

did the way esteps are calculated change?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by adamfilip; 09-25-2015 at 11:37 PM.

Student
    Good to see an update to Marlin, nice to know its not been forgotten.

Printed out a test cube, thing came out to within .03mm of spec. Having no issues with Marlin RC so far.

Student
    Is the accuracy the same as it was before update?

Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    I think i figured out the Endstop issue (for now)

The Servo arm position are reveresed in this version of marlin.
    I had to switch them compared to my last version. to get them to work properly again.

did the way esteps are calculated change?
    I do not think the Servo arm position's are reversed. But I do not know that for a fact. The esteps should be the same. Once again, I do not know that as a fact.

Engineer
    well its likely my mistake. I basically had to start from scratch for most of my settings as I couldn't find the most recent previous version of marlin I had loaded into my rambo
    so many of the values i had were very wrong. ended up having to recalibrate everything to get my esteps, PID

but right now its working great. really needed a tuneup

Engineer
    So far so good! my printer is printing better then ever! I was printing a new extruder bracket and it looked great. unfortunately due to a typo in my ending script. once the print was done. the Hotend went down 10mm into the print instead of raising up 10mm to get out of the way.. oh well. Stupid typo ended up almost ruining a pretty perfect print using petg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast