Close

Octoprint with FFCreator Pro is this going to work ?

Hello there, trying to setup my RaspberryPi2 with Octapri (octaprint) with my FFCPro with GPX plugin, the printer has connection with the server no problems, but the GCode Viewer or progress of the job or print time info doesn't work at all, is this normal ? Is the FFCPro just partially supported or there is something wrong with my setup ?
    Also if I drop an .gcode file to sdcard through web interface the file is transferred to printer but after that is disconnecting my printer from the server :/ and I need to click connect again
    Thanks

Sorry, I can not help with questions but I am curious what the Advantages are of that setup ??
    (instead of just connecting the printer to a PC thru USB cable )

Or is it just the Challenge that makes it Fun ? LOL

i'm running this setup and it works great.
    the only gotcha's i ran into was to make sure you set a login and password when you first set it up.
    i skipped it the first time around since it will only be local. but nothing worked right.
    also i am using the octopi pi image.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    Sorry, I can not help with questions but I am curious what the Advantages are of that setup ??
    (instead of just connecting the printer to a PC thru USB cable )

Or is it just the Challenge that makes it Fun ? LOL
    well you can upload your file to octopi and then shut your computer off or go do other things, it's essentially a tiny print server (more) energy efficient than your pc. plus it "networks" your printer.. you can hook a web cam up to it and then go elsewhere, use an app on your phone and check in on your prints.. stop it if needed.. etc.
    lots of good things you can do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ffvader View Post
    well you can upload your file to octopi and then shut your computer off or go do other things, it's essentially a tiny print server (more) energy efficient than your pc. plus it "networks" your printer.. you can hook a web cam up to it and then go elsewhere, use an app on your phone and check in on your prints.. stop it if needed.. etc.
    lots of good things you can do with it.
    Ah, Very Interesting !
    I can see how that could be really handy for someone 'On the Go' all the time .
    Unlike us old Retired guys . LOL
    Thanks for the Info.

Ok I am slowly starting to understand this software
    I have tried to upload and print from SD x3g file and this is actually not possible for now
    but printing from .gcode uploaded to local memory going well with gcode viewer.

the only problem for now I have is auto connect after restart
    every time server trying to connect to the printer automatically after reboot there is error:
    "
    Unexpected error while connecting to serial port: /dev/ttyACM0 AttributeError: ''GPXPlugin' object has no attribute 'iniparser'' @ comm.py:_openSerial:1293 (hook GPX)
    "

but after that if I press connect there is no problem with connection at all

Quote Originally Posted by ffvader View Post
    i'm running this setup and it works great.
    the only gotcha's i ran into was to make sure you set a login and password when you first set it up.
    i skipped it the first time around since it will only be local. but nothing worked right.
    also i am using the octopi pi image.
    another thing is when i upload a gcode and load it to the octoprint the object in gcode viewer is off the bed on the right front
    is there something wrong with my settings ?

Technician
    The gcode viewer shows the print relative to the bed based on OctoPrint's printer profile in its settings. Probably you need to tell it that your origin is in the center since that is the Makerbot way and opposite to the default for most reprap printers.

Quote Originally Posted by obecny View Post
    Ok I am slowly starting to understand this software
    I have tried to upload and print from SD x3g file and this is actually not possible for now
    but printing from .gcode uploaded to local memory going well with gcode viewer.

the only problem for now I have is auto connect after restart
    every time server trying to connect to the printer automatically after reboot there is error:
    "
    Unexpected error while connecting to serial port: /dev/ttyACM0 AttributeError: ''GPXPlugin' object has no attribute 'iniparser'' @ comm.py:_openSerial:1293 (hook GPX)
    "

but after that if I press connect there is no problem with connection at all

yeah you have to install the gpx plugin in octopi
    and whatever slicer you use, you have to tell it to output gcode
    upload only gcode to octopi and then the gpx plugin will do the converting for you