Close

Student

Finally a first print - prusa i3

Bought a HICTOP prusa i3 and had all sorts of problems including a bad control board.finally got the replacement, but it wouldn't print. I changed the print temperature from 210 to 215 and it actually started pushing material through the nozzle. Still not right though. Should I push the temp to 220? I have pics of a 20mm that looks like swiss cheese but can't figure out how to attach from phone. Thanks!

Temp depends on your material (ABS / PLA / ?) and on the design of your hot end (temp sensor close or far from heater, ...).

As long as you find the right recipe...

However, to avoid melting your carriage, be careful that the rest of the assembly does not suffer from heat creep : especially if the carriage is made of plastic.

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    I agree with Lambda. Your temperature will depend on what kind of material you are printing. If you are printing with ABS is 230c while on PLA is 105c. You can lower/increase your temperature at a 5 degree interval to achieve the quality of print you desired.