Close

FlashForge Creator Pro - Not filling in small spaces

Thank you in advance for reading my post.
    So here is a brief of my system. I'm running ReplicatorG 40r33 Sailfish (The printer is running Sailfish 7.7). The problem I am running into is when printing things that have small spaces or narrow spaces, it will NOT fill them. Like if your familiar with the filament duster/oiler on thingiverse http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:105619, anyways the ears where the hex cap screw goes through is very weak has outside perimeter and inside perimeter but there is room for 1 or 2 more shells. I have tried increasing to 2 shells haven't tried 3 because changing from 1 to 2 didn't change AT ALL. Nothing seems to change.

The other problem ( I have called and emailed FlashForge in reference to this), my pulleys are bent (right out of the box from FF-USA). Apparently 6 months ago they decided to use plastic pulleys (I know why they did, cheaper in cost, but you lose quality and reliability.) I sent them videos, and they say oh yea clearly we can see its bent and wobbling. So they said they have to email their designer in china and see where to go. Really? They see the issue but cant send me new pulleys? This is my 3rd printer. The first one came broken and used, missing pieces and extruded filament allover inside. The second worked GREAT for 3 days, then after that started grinding and squeaking. Then started making a popping sound. The nozzles started clogging I would clear them and then they would clog immediately. I checked the extruder feed gear it was clean and clear. Finally I gave up and sent that one back. I think the stepper driver may have been bad.

At any rate they told me they would let me know in a week or 2 what they were going to do to fix this. Really?? I paid 1500$ for a printer and I'm down before I even got to print (besides test prints which turned out terrible due to bent pulleys) Now I have to wait 2 more weeks after waiting a week to get the printer? Close to a month!!!!

If I decide to replace the pulleys myself with aluminum, what number of teeth do these use? I know I can take em out and count em, but I don't want to have to pull each one out count it, put them back in just to take em back out in a few days or weeks, or since the way they seem to treat me a month or 2 later when they get their head out of their rectum.

I'm not at all pleased with FlashForge. 3 printers are bad right out of the box. Well ok 1 lasted a few days. But I have to say the quality is awesome (printer structure wise, and the creator printed beautifully). Comparing this to GeeeCrap, I mean GeeeTech is like night and day, there is no comparison. I purchased a GeeeJunk kit and received JUNK. All acrylic was broken, pieces were missing the board was defective. (They shipped out GT2560 REV A with firmware that wasn't made to work with REV A (they changed some stepper stuff in it and routings on the board and it wasn't "compatible"). The heat bed was also defective and burned up the mosfet, PSU and the board. Literally melted their SMD Fuse holder and the 4 pin molex connector. Took 3 months to get them to ship out the CORRECT parts. Each shipment was either missing crucial parts, or the acrylic pieces came broken due to severely poor packaging. STAY AWAY GROM GTECH. They also are "using" a guy to do their tech support for them US based and not even paying the guy, just giving him discounts which isn't much. He helps you then gets you somewhat going then stops helping you, because geeetech gave him 20$ for 2 hours and that was that.

Any advice and help on the FlashForge Pro is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!

Aaron

Here is some pics of what I am talking about. This was printing a dual extruded handle plug. Came out nice, but the lettering wont fill. This happens on ANYTHING with spaces like this. Even If I put 100% infill or 40% infill.
    This one was printed with 2 shells I believe at 40%
    FF Handle Plug - missing fill.jpg

This one was printed 1 shell at 20%
    FF Handle Plug - missing fill. 2jpg.jpg
    Last edited by agilliam; 09-19-2015 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Add pictures

I'm somewhat of a newbie but I remember having an issue like this before but I thought it was due to infill. Does that logo come with REplicatorG because I don't see it in my install. Can you post a link to that logo stl? My printer has been solid for 2 months, no issues, where did you buy it from?

~3C

Angry TONS o Problems with the FlashForge And they are no help!

I'm some what of a newbie too, however this issue seems to be a repetitive issue with FlashForge. I should also mention I made a call to their tech support. First off George answered the phone and introduced himself as "Sales This is George can I help you?" When I stated I needed assistance with some issues with my printer, I keep calling for technical support and get put on hold and no one ever comes back. Or they do like they did last week I called at 4:45 pm and I was placed on a "brief" hold then at 5pm I got a recording saying we are sorry we are closed, please call back during normal business hours, then disconnected. So I explained that to George, he said I'm sorry your going to have to wait on hold as all other customers do. So I waited 25 minutes GEORGE came back on the line and said Can I help you? I said yes, you just put me on hold 25 minutes ago I'm waiting for tech support. He stated this is tech support can I help you? It appears that this is a 1 person circus. 1 person is sales and tech support as well as emails. I'm still pissed as I have yet to hear anything back from them and its been over 5 days not including the weekend. AND MY PRINTER STILL DOESNT WORK. I'm not at all pleased with them or their support.

Now I'm running into more road blocks. I was able to get prints to "start" but now nothing sticks. Ive used glue, super glue (jk) new kapton tape, buildtak, NOTHING sticks. Ive moved my gap farther away, closer to the bed, and every setting in between. I don't see how people can just send files wirelessly to their printer and expect it to print. (I know this one doesn't support it, but you can with octoprint using raspberry pi). I see these having to have way too much baby sitting. I think I will return this printer and get a lulzbot. Atleast there you will get support and not some jerk who speaks to you condescendingly.

I got the first one directly from flashforge, then I got the PRO from Walmart. They both have been a basket of bolts. EVERYTHING was loose on the creator. every screw. Now this one is ok with screws except parts are stripped out or bent. EVERY pulley.

Anyways nuff about that. Guess no one will have answers to help me. heh.

The stl file does not come with replicatorg, it came off the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DCAKE View Post
    I'm somewhat of a newbie but I remember having an issue like this before but I thought it was due to infill. Does that logo come with REplicatorG because I don't see it in my install. Can you post a link to that logo stl? My printer has been solid for 2 months, no issues, where did you buy it from?

~3C