Close

Filament priorities

Hey guys,
    in my chemical engineer department there is one professor that has fallen in love with 3d printing and want to start make some material test.
    The idea is to prepare various compund, to analyze mechanical properties and test results with an i3.

Could you please help me filling this quick survey with google, it's just a page, less than 10 clicks

Thank you.

http://goo.gl/forms/srMXHmdTC6

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    You have two categories of users. One wants cosmetics, and cares more about appearance (consistent color and no bubbles) than anything. Another wants structural integrity, and cares more about physical strength (consistent diameter and printing characteristics, but also no bubbles) than what color the object is.

Engineer-in-Training
    I presume that you mean 'lack of air bubbles' instead of 'air bubbles' ?

??? I've Never Seen any 'Air Bubbles' in filament !

I don't think air-bubbles are really a problem to worry about , in printer filament ??

If they are Inside the filament , How would you Ever Know ?
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 09-18-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    I'm guessing he means moisture cooking out, leaving the appearance in the deposited filament that a bubble has burst.