2 years ago the audio jack for my laptop broke. It was really just a piece of plastic that held the audio input in, so it still works, but now I have to have a separate USB plug in to use audio stuff. It really sucks.

I got an idea this morning, since only God knows where that piece of plastic chipped off is, what if I could 3-D print the small bit of plastic?

My school has a 3-D printer, so I could print it myself, I just would like someone to actually design it for me. It's very small, so it shouldn't be that hard.

I don't need a piece that perfectly fits into the broken part, just something that would hold it in place. I have some pictures to visualize it:

Photo Sep 15, 8 59 55 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 15, 9 00 13 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 15, 9 00 34 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 15, 9 00 53 AM.jpg

Right now I do not have the measurements because I haven't had a chance to measure iti. Once I get the chance I will though. I plan to take apart my computer and take it out for exact measurements. All I need is something to cover the broken part to make it complete it a full circle, you know?

I know this isn't enough info to work off of, but I will post more soon (measurements and stuff).

I'm sure this is possible, but I just want to know if someone is willing to help me with this.

Thanks for reading and have a good day.