I recently purchased a FolgerTech 2020 Prusa i3 kit from EBay for $279. I purchased the full aluminum rails and the display option bringing the total cost to just over $300. Overall I am happy with the kit. It was a little confusing finding the correct instructions on the FolgerTech site - there are two sets of instructions and it was difficult to locate the new set for the aluminum rail model. But it went together well and is performing well.

I am not happy with the linear bearings. They sent 12 bearings so there were 2 extra. I found 7 smooth bearings in the bunch. They really are crap. The Y axis is fairly smooth but the X axis is noisy as can be and vibrates when it gets moving quickly. Yesterday I ordered 6 all plastic linear bearings from iGus. The bearings are reasonably priced but the $11.50 minimum shipping price was annoying. I'll post an update when I get them installed.

My first ABS model was terrible. I can't blame the device. I switched to PLA and spent time dialing in the system. I created a 15x15x15mm cube model with 1mm walls (no top) to experiment with the settings. With the settings dialed in I have been creating some fine PLA prints. I think that once I get the X Axis moving smoothly, it will improve the accuracy even more. This weekend I will switch back to ABS and see what I can do. I also have a roll of PETG natural-translucent coming in this week to try.

I have one ongoing issue. I can work around it but it is annoying. The X Axis of the prints is inverted. All of the prints come out inverted (like a mirror image) just along the X Axis. In the Marlin_Ramps program I found a configuration.h setting of INVERT_X_DIR and it is set to false. I tried setting it to true and then it was looking for the endstop in the wrong location. Any suggestions?