Close

Question Pusa Mendel i2 freezing

I am experiencing a new problem, when I try to print http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:640767 it keeps freezing on the first layer of supports. This is the first print I have had issues with. I have done a successful print Tuesday but can't seem to print this. I have a Generation 6 board with Marlin firmware. Never had an issue before; I have restarted Repetier Host, reconnected my printer, slicing the file again. I have rebooted my computer and I will be able to find out if that fixed it when I get home, if that would effect it. What can I do to fix it? Here is what I have done with my computer since I have had the last successful print: uninstall a program that was giving me tons of ads in my browsers also my PC crashed and rebooted. I am running Windows 10 as I have been since day 1 of that printer since technical preview. My baud rate is 115200 I believe, I know it is not 250000 if that is most likely the problem I will reflash the firmware

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    Most likely that a nearby motor or fluorescent light is killing your usb connection. I experienced this one time. I've got a papper shredder plugged into an outlet where my RepRap's ATX power supply is also plugged. If I used the shredder to print, the printer freeze. The best solutions would be to separate the printer from offending appliance. Try this one and let me know if your printer won't stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Lin View Post
    Most likely that a nearby motor or fluorescent light is killing your usb connection. I experienced this one time. I've got a papper shredder plugged into an outlet where my RepRap's ATX power supply is also plugged. If I used the shredder to print, the printer freeze. The best solutions would be to separate the printer from offending appliance. Try this one and let me know if your printer won't stop now.
    I can't do this. But I've seen this kind of problem. If you move your .GCode file to an SD Memory card and print from the memory card... A lot of times you can get the problem to disappear. I can't do this because I have a PrintRBoard, and the SD Memory card signals were put on the wrong pins. But if you can do it... And you want to print without 'noise' issues.... Move the file to an SD Memory card.

Well I tried to print again after reboot, it worked but my computer crashed (luckily not too far in print). So now I'm going to install the drivers on my laptop and print it on there and see if that fixes that problem. I may need a desktop upgrade lol, pentium 4 3ghz and 2gb of ram. Found out why it kept freezing, repetier host wasn't responding and froze the print. I wish I could use sd cards, gen 6 board doesn't support it