Close

Angry ABS print sticks at base plate

I have a problem. the printer at my work ( 250 Fortus mc ), is very good and accurate , only the first layer of abs is far too fixed on the abs plate, see photos (base plate (also abs )) .
    I have ordered a super glue for bonding to take place only with the adhesive.
    Do you may have a different solution to this problem?

??? What adhesive are you using ??
    I don't understand why you need a Super-Glue ??
    Does your printer have a Heated bed-plate ?

I've read that some printers like that require a solvent, to melt support plastic, to remove printed objects.
    Is that required with your printer ?
    If so, I think a different plastic is used for support-structure or raft, which is easily dissolved, not ABS.
    Raft is printed before first layers of object.

We use Aqua-net spray to hold printed objects to Glass, on heated bed-plate.
    It works Great !
    Although we have had problems with ABS warping and only use PLA now
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 09-09-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Engineer
    He use stratasys, which means he is really lockdown for filament and the software. Support material is hell expansive.... we're talking about 200+$ for the cartridge.

Basically it's ABS sticking too much, the total opposite world of consumer desktop with hard time sticking first layer. In some video of the Fortus, they use another material for raft, base, they never show print of directly ABS on the bed.

You can try compressed air can as a freezer and aim head down, it works sometime, but since you have polymer like as a bed it might fuse together.

Quote Originally Posted by richardphat View Post
    He use stratasys, which means he is really lockdown for filament and the software. Support material is hell expansive.... we're talking about 200+$ for the cartridge.
    Wow, Amazing ! I had no idea they were that Different !

Quote Originally Posted by Vink_Kunststoffen View Post
    I have a problem. the printer at my work ( 250 Fortus mc ), is very good and accurate , only the first layer of abs is far too fixed on the abs plate, see photos (base plate (also abs )) .
    I have ordered a super glue for bonding to take place only with the adhesive.
    Do you may have a different solution to this problem?

If I were you, I would try covering the bed in 3M blue painters tape. Something like this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=3d+p...iOb-npe01UM%3A

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yep blue tape works well for abs - and even if it sticks you can peel the tape off with the print.

I have a solution, we have tested with a glue. it works perfect.!!!
    I have made a video of the results please watch.
    Last edited by Vink_Kunststoffen; 09-17-2015 at 08:26 AM.