Hey guys...
I figured I'd start a "little" project with my kids as we started a CNC Mill build that slowly got pushed to the side.
It was supposed to be a gantry ( Cartesian) style mill 36" x 24" x 18" ( L x W x H ) which is quite a fair sized mill for "home" use!

Now they were wondering if we could still build something as a family project of course.
Seen my buddy pose a few pictures of the things hes been printing and was thinking what a great idea !!
He basically was clueless about my setup and gave me 3 pieces of advice :
1. - Controller - Ramps 1.4
2. - Use 1.75mm filament and use 0.3mm Nozzle for better quality, however this will make it slower
3. - J-head hot end

So onto doing some homework...
I already have quite a bit of stuff that accumulated towards that Mill so might as well put it to use!
List of materials on hand...

- 3x 6' Extruded Aluminum T-Slot Beams ( Mixed - 2x 2x4, 2x 2x2, 0.5x 2x1 and 1.5x 1x1 )
- 36" x 24" T-Slot Table Top
- 6x NEMA24 Dual Shaft w/ Rotary Encoders ( 425oz/in. ) w/ Flexible Jaw Spider Plum Couplers
- 4x 2MA860H Motor Drivers ( no special power supplies required as they are AC input )
- 2x 36" 20mm FSLB ( Fully Supported Linear Bearing ) w/ BB Slide Blocks
- 1x 36" ACME Lead-screw with Zero-Lash Nut
- 2x 24" 20mm FSLB w/ BB Slide Blocks
- 2x 24" ACME Lead-screw w/ Zero-Lash Nut
- 2x 20" 20mm Linear Bearing with BB Slide Blocks
Plus all the SS Hardware and SKF Bearings for the lead screws and Housings

Yes I know...
Its complete overkill, but I have it sitting here collecting dust so why not actually put it to use!

So... My questions are :
1 - Are the Stepper Motor Drivers compatible and can they be used with the Ramps 1.4 ?
2 - Is a heated "work area" required ?
3 - Whats your input on other nozzles and are dual/quad nozzles worth the upgrade ?
4 - Software ??