Close

Printing NinjaFlex and Abs Together

Hi all,

I just bought my first 3d printer this week (flashforge creator pro).

Does anyone have any experience printing ABS and NinjaFlex together? Do they adhere to each other? Any specific settings you use?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You!

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    The,

We've printed ABS and NinjaFlex on the same print. We print both at the same temp (~230C), but we have a higher feed rate on the NinjaFlex because it gives a little on the feed motor.

The guy who actually did the print isn't in this week. I'll ask if he did anything special, but I don't expect that he did. He used NinjaFlex to make a flexible hinge between two ABS parts.

nf-abs.jpg

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Hmm, I find that printing ninjaflex at lower temps works best.
    Or maybe I've been trying to pritn to low, hmmm.
    Have to try it again.
    Bt yeah hot ninjaflex will stick to anything.

I pretty much just use polyflex pla for any flexible parts I need. And that just prints like pla.

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    Hi! Ninjaflex works best in low temperatures and in a well ventilated area. It is recommended to follow the operating conditions set to minimize exposure, particularly among sensitive persoris. You can read this source for more information. http://www.fennerdrives.com/FetchFil...4-37d718ba7721 Hope this helps!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Hmm been thinking about this.

And a higher temperature actually make sense.
    The more liquid the material is at the hotend - the less back pressure there will be and the greater chance it'll feed properly.

I'll have to do some more experiments.

Engineer
    I print a boat load of ninjaflex. The sweet spot for me with temp is 245. I have found no reason to print lower. Works great right there. Lower and you need to print slower since its gonna be harder to squeeze that through the nozzle and have more a chance of feed problems.