Close

Question Need Help. Getting weird warping and material not applying at a consistent rate.

Hey guys!

This is my first post at this forum! I bought a 3d printer just over a month ago (flashforge dreamer) and I have been using it for weeks without any trouble but for some reason my prints have started to warp, even with a raft or even while printing with/without a heated bed. I have managed to get rid of the warping to some extent but another problem is still there, the printer isn't applying the material at a consistent rate. There seems to be some sort of wave pattern that keeps going on. I don't know what the problem is I think the extruder might be clogged but I haven't done anything but change filament. This problem is occurring on both extruders by the way. I've also gone back to the old filament with no avail. I did do one thing to the printer which I believe may have caused something but I don't understand why, I changed the springs underneath the bed because the old ones were too loose so i'm not sure if that caused some sort of problem with the flatness of the surface. I did manage to change back to the old springs but that hasn't really done much. If you guys could help that would be great!

Thanks!

These are some photos below of the types of warping and inconsistency i'm getting in my prints.

0F795CF8-7302-4871-8296-DEB7BB03A9513301F8E7-29E3-43C9-8AC7-055ACC9DF239.jpgIMG_0440.jpgC4B5646D-5C81-4DF9-9374-ECD9B89EF6A46B6C640D-A67A-4C19-A933-83394901DA24.jpg
    Last edited by Sin102; 09-05-2015 at 03:26 AM.

Engineer
    Is the hobbed gear clean? Sometime the spring is not well adjusted, the hobbed will just be clogged of plastic. It needs to be cleaned, else you will have some wave of plastic getting pushed.
    It happens all the time on the BI 2.5, you need to clean everytime you change the filament.

That being said, it is one possibility of your problem.

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    Hi Sin! The cause of your problem is likely in the spring you replcaed for your 3d printer. Make sure it is well adjusted, also since you've been using the printer for a month, be sure to clean them to avoid clogging. Hope this helps!