Close

Thread: Newbie Advice

Threaded View

Newbie Advice

Good Day everyone,

I am a total newb to 3D printing and I am looking at getting a printer in the future. I have searched the forums for a while and the more I read the more I get conflicted.

Price will very much be the issue as I am on a single family income but I do not mind saving for a little bit longer to get something of great quality.

At first all I wanted was something with a very large build volume that produces quality prints so I can print cosplay stuff like helmets etc so I figured the TAZ 5 would be the way to go. I have also talked to Ultimaker (not Makerbot) and they responded to my emails right away; which to me it means they have excellent customer service. Now I hear about this company Wanhao who have cheap printers. Their print quality looks fantastic and from what I have read their customer service is not the best. How is their software?

Have many of you attempted to make any cosplay gear by printing it in sections and bonding it together? Am I to focused on the build size? Here are the qualities I am looking for.

1. Print Quality
    2. Customer Service
    3. Size
    4. Slicing software
    5. Open Source
    6. Ability to use a wide variety of filaments
    7. Dual Extruder.

Thank you all for taking the time to read and putting up with questions that may have already been answered in older posts.
    Last edited by newfiebackflip; 08-30-2015 at 07:53 PM. Reason: correction of company name