Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Harry,

Posts got crossed as I was typing up the update.

Important things to remember, you have to be in full screen mode for the MacBook to go into Presentation mode in Parallels, and I think the best way to force this is unplug the Mini Display connector, and plug it in again. The second monitor will default to 1024x768, and you'll have to reset it again via List all modes to 800x600. you won't really notice the projected image from the scanner shifting down a notch, but when you open Einscan it'll be a white screen, and you'll be able to control the scanner again.

I'll have another play later, but this might give you some hope.

Enjoy
    Mike
    Last edited by 24c; 08-26-2015 at 06:31 AM.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Harry,

Just to let you know it works as expected in Parallels 10, but you need to be in Full Screen Mode in Parallels, and configure the second monitor, which it reports as being in Presentation Mode when you exit Full Screen. If you exit the Full Screen mode, then you have to reset the second monitor again, as it reverts back to 1024x768 screen resolution by default. I don't know if this is a minimum for 8.1 or the actual default resolution of the Einscan projector in their scanner.

The scanning process took the same 3:00 minutes in BootCamp vs Parallels installs, but the meshing operation seemed to stall at the end in Parallels vs Bootcamp, so taking 1:30 vs 1:00 respectively.

I honestly think a Bootcamp install might be preferable, and less trouble in reality, but I'm hoping to run one iMac, plus one monitor, as well as the scanner video in Parallels 11. Worst case I won't be able to, put I think I might be able to use some software called Ultramon to control the second monitor, so it gives me a Mac OS X screen. If I reduce the main screen out of Full Screen, the projector will show a Mac OS X background.

I will be hopefully testing all this later in the month, when my newer iMac & monitor arrives, but in the meantime, I am trying to get to grips with aligning scanned meshes to suit the axis of my CAD package. I am very pleased with the latest beta update to Shark FX, but that's another thread coming.

Mike
    PS Parallels knowledge base http://kb.parallels.com/118728
    Last edited by 24c; 08-26-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12