Close

Thread: xi3 Prusa

xi3 Prusa

Josef Prusa was never satisfied with the status quo and was constantly looking for better ways to improve and change those devices. Since 2010, the main focus of his work has shifted to developing the open source 3D printer project RepRap and the open source hardware movement in general; he first posted the plans for the Prusa i3 to a GitHub repository in May 2012. Now there many RepRap Prusa Mendel versions which have been replicated around the world. You can now buy the latest iteration of the Prusa i3, the high precision xi3, for just under $250 at the 3D Printers Online Store. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/91382/3d-printers-online-store-xi3/

Below is a look at the Prusa xi3 highlighting some of its features:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Josef Prusa was never satisfied with the status quo and was constantly looking for better ways to improve and change those devices. Since 2010, the main focus of his work has shifted to developing the open source 3D printer project RepRap and the open source hardware movement in general; he first posted the plans for the Prusa i3 to a GitHub repository in May 2012. Now there many RepRap Prusa Mendel versions which have been replicated around the world. You can now buy the latest iteration of the Prusa i3, the high precision xi3, for just under $250 at the 3D Printers Online Store. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/91382/3d-printers-online-store-xi3/

Below is a look at the Prusa xi3 highlighting some of its features:
    I purchased one of these and assembled it with great care but find NO INSTRUCTIONS as to how to get it printing - I am an absolute newbie to 3D printing and would like to find a step by step guide on how to proceed.

I have done my best to install the software but the machine moves erratically when I try to use the manual function from the software and most attempts at moving anything just end up with the motors locking and making a horrible noise?

Does anyone know where I can find a BEGINNERS GUIDE on how to get this thing to work PLEASE!

Tony - Australia