Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Security Penetrating Shoes by SexyCyborg

For those of you interested in hacking and security, you may take an interested in this latest story. A woman who goes by the name SexyCyborg has created a pair of shoes that take aim at breaching security. The shoes both feature a removable drawer which can be removed without even taking the shoes off one's feet. In the shoes, this woman elected to store some lock picking tools, USB keyloggers, and all sorts of hacking devices which could potentially up-end a large corporation or government agency if there were to be used to compromise a computer. Read and see more on this at: http://3dprint.com/91230/security-penetrating-shoes/

It's like something out of Mission Impossible... Or a William Gibson book. Of course, now that she and her kit have been plastered all over the internet today, it's sort of dulled the element of surprise.

I like that even with all that gadgetry, she made sure to include some good old fashioned lock picks. And I was impressed by that router. I had no idea something like that existed. I did some googling, and I think it's a TP-Link TL-WR10U. According to its marketing materials, one of its primary intended uses is you pop a 3G dongle in the USB port, and it acts as a wifi AP for your devices. And it's got an internal battery that can power it, but also recharge your phone/tablet like a regular 'power bank'. (Though 2600mAh is a little low for that.) But then, of course, you load OpenWRT on it and it can do basically anything. Very nice.

Engineer
    Too much cleavage pic and not enough relevant about the object/printing sample. I bet this is one of their attracting customers magazine....

Quote Originally Posted by richardphat View Post
    Too much cleavage pic and not enough relevant about the object/printing sample.
    All of my projects are like this. It's a bit of troll. Westerners freak out and can't get past boobs and clothes. If your little french hat (béret?) outraged people in China when they saw it in pictures you'd probably make point of wearing it also.

I bet this is one of their attracting customers magazine....
    Ok. What are we betting? Also what magazine? And what product....

Quote Originally Posted by Bakamoichigei View Post
    I think it's a TP-Link TL-WR10U.
    Yes. For Chinese market.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakamoichigei View Post
    According to its marketing materials, one of its primary intended uses is you pop a 3G dongle in the USB port, and it acts as a wifi AP for your devices.
    Yes. But when you flash OpenWRT can use it for extra memory. Unfortunately TP-Link is making it harder to flash their routers and OpenWRT is really the only reason to think about buying one. Stock firmware is junk I think...

Quote Originally Posted by SexyCyborg View Post
    ... If your little french hat (béret?) outraged people in China when they saw it in pictures you'd probably make point of wearing it also.
    My chinese friends were specific about me not wearing a green hat... a heilongjiang idiosyncrasy ? But apparently it was more ridiculous than outrageous. Makes me wonder what they think of all the irish celebrating St Patrick.
    Also, as a french I can tell you we no longer wear berets (except perhaps in the army uniform, if even) ;-)

Too much cleavage pic and not enough relevant about the object/printing sample.
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyCyborg View Post
    It's a bit of troll.
    Hey, if he had said it the other way around, I would agree, but he didn't. Not exactly "safe for work" material. I was more interested in the technical aspect too.

Engineer
    Whistle... You know those nerd pron magazine, add technology + hot chick = profit, at least in Murica.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    nobody's looking at the shoes :-)

Now if a male tranvestite were to rock up with a 3 day stubble and hairy chest - you can bet your life they'd check his shoes :-)

Distraction techniques always work :-) Ask eevry magician in the world.

obviously takes several hours of work in the gym each week to maintain
    And the rest lol

So what's the actual point - apart from somewhere to store the morning after pill if you're on a night out without a bag ?

this experiment proves that the future of security might be a bit more complicated than we all imagine.
    Seriously ? you think peoploe hiding gadgets about their person is new ?
    Hell most modern corporate spies probably just have a cell phone and some custom apps.

And, no you can't really have too many cleavage shots :-)

It's a fun idea - but can't see corporate security quaking in their jackboots, just yet.

Westerners freak out and can't get past boobs and clothes.
    Just westerners ? Nah - all hetereosexual males and homosexual females, nationality is not an issue :-)
    Which is clearly why you dress the way you do and have had the surgery you've had.
    And there's nothing wrong with that.
    At least you're the person actually making the stuff and not just some model dragged in by a marketing company.
    Smart & sexy - great combination :-)

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    There are shoes in the picture? Oh! You're right, there they are. Didn't see them at first.