Close

Thread: Questions

Question Questions

Hello everyone. How are you?. I write because I have a question about some 3D printers. I currently have a printer makerbot replicator 2X for my work as an engineer, but because of the good results that we have chosen to acquire other printers, but in this case mid-range and high-end, specifically for mass production. I would like to know what you recommend companies that puedar see their products and make decisions when purchasing a new printer? Some I've seen are http://www.3dsystems.com/ because I read they are the best but I also like to see other possibilities.

Thank you very much. I welcome your comments

3D Systems have some nice machines, also the Ultimaker 2 is an easy to use printer that gives great results. I don't consider any 3D printer a mass production machine as most items can be mass produced by cheaper technologies. You have to remember that this technology originated as fast prototyping machines.

Hi John, how are you? thanks for the comment. But'm looking for printers such as the middle and upper ranges 3DSystems not of range or desktop as the Ultimaker or 2X makerbot replicator (which I already have)

Hi KASL.
    I can't understand very well. Do you wanna put a 3d printer to mass production? What do you mean when to talk about mid-range and high-end?
    For a high-end product just for prototype visualization I recommend a 3D SLA Printer. I don't know if will work fine to mechanical demonstration because your fragility. Maybe a SLA Printer with a good range of materials solve it.
    But if you want a mechanical demonstration. I belive that SLS printer will work better. But I don't have 100% sure about it.
    take a look on STRATASYS, 3DSYSTEMS, DWS, PRODWAYS, ENVISIOTEC, ZCORP, OBJET sites
    The most of the 3d printer from this manufacturers are pricey. But I belive that you will need of a reliable tech support.

Hi Valter.

i let me explain better the situation, i have a low range printer (makerbot replicator 2X) but i want to buy a new print in a range between medium and hig range. I was reading that SLA printers of stratasys and 3D systems had good materials for mechanical demostrations. hahaha i know thats printers are expensives but dont worry about that i can pay them, well my boss can haha. i will check the others brands to make a decision. I think plastic printers are better for mechanical demostrations than resins one, its true?

Quote Originally Posted by Valter View Post
    Hi KASL.
    I can't understand very well. Do you wanna put a 3d printer to mass production? What do you mean when to talk about mid-range and high-end?
    For a high-end product just for prototype visualization I recommend a 3D SLA Printer. I don't know if will work fine to mechanical demonstration because your fragility. Maybe a SLA Printer with a good range of materials solve it.
    But if you want a mechanical demonstration. I belive that SLS printer will work better. But I don't have 100% sure about it.
    take a look on STRATASYS, 3DSYSTEMS, DWS, PRODWAYS, ENVISIOTEC, ZCORP, OBJET sites
    The most of the 3d printer from this manufacturers are pricey. But I belive that you will need of a reliable tech support.

Hi KASL,

I would like to suggest you to go for 3DStuffMaker as they have the best 3D printers online when compared to price and performance.
    Last edited by garryforster; 08-26-2014 at 11:44 PM.