Close

Student

HIC Technology Prusa i3 - Temperature problem

I started a thread in help that they suggested I move over here. The original thread is here.

Originally the problem was that the printer would get up to temperature and immediately begin dropping. Through the suggestions on the other thread, I was able to get it to print a bit better, but still not anywhere near right. Finally, I determined that the voltage was dropping after printing for a bit.

I don't know if I accidentally shorted something out while checking the voltages or what, but now as soon as I plug the printer in the hotend begins heating up and continues to do so, a MAXTEMP error comes up on the lcd, and the heat continues rising.

I want to contact the manufacturer, but I'm not really sure how to state the problem.

Has anyone had this type of experience? Any idea what I should look at next?

There are pictures of the printer and relevant parts as well as a link to the kit I bought in the other thread.

Thanks!

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by pgriffy View Post
    ...now as soon as I plug the printer in the hotend begins heating up and continues to do so, a MAXTEMP error comes up on the lcd, and the heat continues rising.
    Those words should be fine for describing the problem to the kit provider.

Student
    I contacted HIC Technology and they asked for pictures of the board and lcd along with my order number. They are thinking it's in the electronics.
    Thanks everyone!

Hi.

I am new but I have one of these printers and been messing with it for the last few weeks. Sounds like the MosFET has failed and its locked in a on state. Had the same issue. HIC have been good to me in the past.

Next thing to do once you start printing is print a 25x25 cube and find the right settings as mine printed a few cm to big so had to edit it a little to get it right