Close

Thread: Computer shell

Computer shell

I always want to design a computer shell, like a castle or a UFO, then I can install all hardware of a computer inside.A castle finished, but down soon.Is any one here have the same idea to make your PC much more cooler?

Haven't thought about it until I read your post. It is a good idea! I thought of having the motherboard on the door of the castle for easy upgrades

Better plan this very carefully. Heat can cause major problems. PLA's glass temp is 60°; go over this and the whole thing can melt. Same for most plastics (different glass temps though).

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    was thinking of making a printed basic case for mini itx boards that you could hook a psu onto and maybe hang on the back of a tv or monitor.

But making a computer look cooler - nah, got too many to bother with that kind of thing :-)

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    Wow, never thought of creating one! Great idea! I think maybe you can add some fans inside your castle model so that your PC will be much cooler? That's the idea I can think of right now.

Great idea but you need to check where you will place the board it needs to have fans and exhaust exits also check in detail so that it will not have short circuit.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I did always want one of the modded cases that doubled as a coffee maker. Not sure you could print one though :-)

Maybe one that has a coffee maker that you insert. I've been having a lot of ideas like a case that has a filament holder or a lot of storage