Close

Page 97 of 411 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:884785 Would that work on a Qidi? I also can't see how it would work that well on a CP considering there is no heat for the extra dimensions but this leads me to believe that the nozzle have that much extra room so just get a larger plate. Too bad I can't get anything to arrive here flat due to the manufacturer and/or UPS and USPS deciding to bend everything. Main reason that after 2 years of fighting it I gave up and I am looking for a solution where it can't be bent else the printer itself would be destroyed.

Getting back to the main point and that was if this mod can be done I wonder why it wasn't at the factory or at least a customer upgrade path? Maybe before the sell would be best at least in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    the technology outlet uk store has listed a 2016 version, but there are not details about the upgrades they made.
    https://www.technologyoutlet.co.uk/c...eator-pro-2016

they also offer the current version for a lower price
    https://www.technologyoutlet.co.uk/c...ge-creator-pro

on the amazon uk store they even have the "older" one listed for 699 british pounds. Is the 2016 version worth the higher price? it looks like that i could just print most of the upgrade parts...
    Well, if they lower the price on the USA Amazon it is a done deal I will buy it. That print is so small I couldn't see it very well but by the looks of it you are right as there isn't anything there to write home about.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Well, if they lower the price on the USA Amazon it is a done deal I will buy it. That print is so small I couldn't see it very well but by the looks of it you are right as there isn't anything there to write home about.
    yeah only something about side handles, a door that opens sideways, a nicer hood on top and some leveling knobs. the only thing that may be interesting is some upgraded power supply. from "traditional power supply to broadband power supply". no idea what that means

i contacted the seller and will wait for a reply.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
    I have this EXACT same issue on mine. It actually got really really loud on prints that ran multiple hours. They sent me some steps to try of loosening the grub screws on the back left and right pulleys, and then moving the carriage back and forth quickly a few minutes and then tighten them down again.

It has been pretty quite since then
    I'm having the same issue with the acrylic top piece as well. It bows inward and catches on the feed tubes. I printed like 2 test files and a couple of things I downloaded. I created this cylinder and scaled it as big as I could. It took 13 hours to print. About the last 3 hours the machine developed a clicking noise. It sounds like its coming from the front rod on either side. Almost like plastic gears skipping at the same spot or something. I sent an email to support this morning and still have not herd back from anyone. Does not seem to affect the printing yet but I'm sure there is going to be a failure in the immediate future.

yeah only something about side handles, a door that opens sideways, a nicer hood on top and some leveling knobs. the only thing that may be interesting is some upgraded power supply. from "traditional power supply to broadband power supply". no idea what that means

i contacted the seller and will wait for a reply.
    A broadband power supply almost sounds like a politically correct way of saying "wall wart", lol. No way could a wall wart handle the amps we need for these things though.

Let me know what that is when you find out.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
    I have this EXACT same issue on mine. It actually got really really loud on prints that ran multiple hours. They sent me some steps to try of loosening the grub screws on the back left and right pulleys, and then moving the carriage back and forth quickly a few minutes and then tighten them down again.

It has been pretty quite since then
    Interesting, would you mind sharing the steps that you followed?

Quote Originally Posted by svt04cobra View Post
    I'm having the same issue with the acrylic top piece as well. It bows inward and catches on the feed tubes. I printed like 2 test files and a couple of things I downloaded. I created this cylinder and scaled it as big as I could. It took 13 hours to print. About the last 3 hours the machine developed a clicking noise. It sounds like its coming from the front rod on either side. Almost like plastic gears skipping at the same spot or something. I sent an email to support this morning and still have not herd back from anyone. Does not seem to affect the printing yet but I'm sure there is going to be a failure in the immediate future.
    I found that seating the filament guide further away from the spool helped a lot but it still hit the acrylic sometimes in long travels. In the attached image is one of the items I designed to keep the acrylic pieces straight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hey guys, so all this discussion about the QIDI being not so good got me thinking... what would you suggest.

option A: QIDI Tech 1 for around 699 in ebay (if they accept the offer) + 110 customs = 810

option B: Flashforge Creator Pro for 999

Does Flashforge use the 10mm rods and are there any other big differences for upgrade or spare parts?

THX
    Something to add-on, when I received the printer I also had to pay tax, but it was nominal as they only declared the price as USD$300. I didn't ask them to do this, they mentioned that they do this for all customers. This might reduce the custom cost for you maybe. You also need to factor in the cost for S3D when your're budgeting.

Quote Originally Posted by kaznad View Post
    Something to add-on, when I received the printer I also had to pay tax, but it was nominal as they only declared the price as USD$300. I didn't ask them to do this, they mentioned that they do this for all customers. This might reduce the custom cost for you maybe. You also need to factor in the cost for S3D when your're budgeting.
    Oh, you just reminded me that if I buy this sucker on Amazon I have to pay sales tax whereas on eBay I do not.

One thing I have to say that Qidi did better than the original is the handles as the Creator Pro I do not like those cutouts at all because it cuts down on why I would want an enclosure to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    A broadband power supply almost sounds like a politically correct way of saying "wall wart", lol. No way could a wall wart handle the amps we need for these things though.

Let me know what that is when you find out.
    I heard back from the supplier and the changes are really pretty basic. Flashprint is also compatible with the Creator Pro now. I will go for the 2015 version and print (most of) the upgrades myself

I heard back from the supplier and the changes are really pretty basic. Flashprint is also compatible with the Creator Pro now. I will go for the 2015 version and print (most of) the upgrades myself
    Figured as well. I am about to make an offer on the Qidi.

Page 97 of 411 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast