Close

Page 5 of 411 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    I bought the ready-made one - $149. I was looking at the kit on Adafruit for $75, but they were sold out and I think the processor is better on the ready-made Astrobox. Anyways, I was having some software issues and just tried using the Astrobox webpage, and it seems to work fine. I couldn't get the bed to heat at first, but preheated it manually using the controls on the front of the printer, and now the bed control seems to work on the Astrobox browser - early days so I am not sure.
    My first print looked good for the first half and then slid off of its spot, so failed. I have now preheated the bed (didn't use heat on the bed for the first print) and installed the acrylic cover. We will see how this one does!

Can you modify the firmware on this Qidi Tech to install an E3d Hotend kit?

I've had this printer for two months now and it has already paid for itself. It definitely is a workhorse!

It has some quirks with the build quality and design but nothing major and nothing that can't be fixed by turning an allen key.

Quote Originally Posted by MaceyTech3D View Post
    Apparently, if you upgrade the firmware to Sailfish 7.6, the prints are DRASTICALLY improved. Trying it out right now, but getting stuck on the last step. Anyone else tried doing this yet??
    Where did you hear that? Because I heard if you attempt to upgrade the firmware you will brick your machine. (source: amazon review)
    http://www.amazon.com/forum/-/Tx21KV...sin=B00SB6ZO8S

I saw the post on Amazon about upgrading the firmware not being a good choice. If I want to pursue it I'll talk to Qidi tech support first - I can barely afford one much less two!

Quote Originally Posted by Pgpalmer View Post
    I saw the post on Amazon about upgrading the firmware not being a good choice. If I want to pursue it I'll talk to Qidi tech support first - I can barely afford one much less two!
    If it is any consolation, you can get a replacement mainboard on ebay from qidi tech for $85. I'm thinking about getting one just to experiment with.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroCreo View Post
    If it is any consolation, you can get a replacement mainboard on ebay from qidi tech for $85. I'm thinking about getting one just to experiment with.
    That is good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Pgpalmer View Post
    That is good to know!
    I got this response from asking how to flash Sailfish onto their motherboards through ebay:

Dear Friend ,

Our newest motherboard version is 2560 sailfish 7.8.

Yours Sincerely,
    Emily Peng
    Sales manager
    Ruian Qidi Technology Co.,Ltd

Since mine arrived from China at the end of last week, I guess that is what I probably have :-). Thanks for the information!

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Has anybody have the text on there printer display get scrambled?
    Not sure if this effects it while printing.
    I had it happen several times it usually goes away after power cycling the printer.
    Is this something I need to be concerned with?

Sorry - haven't seen any scrambled text

Page 5 of 411 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast