Close

Page 41 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Correct.
    I tried putting nuts on there too, was wondering why bolt wouldn't slip through. Looked in there and its threaded.
    You are the man Syd!

Technician
    Quick question about the spool holders.

When I was installing the holders, I noticed each rod had two nuts on one side and one on the opposite side. I used the side with two nuts to attach it to the back of the machine, sandwiching the back panel (spool holder | nut | back panel | nut). This leaves a single nut on the opposite side. Is this correct? I saw some documentation that looks like they want you to use a nut to tighten the actual filament spool against the body (on the holder). However, with the two spools QIDI Tech included, the diameter of the spools are too large and the width of the holders are too narrow to able to be secured.

Thoughts?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    I used the Make An Offer on the Buy It Now item. They accepted $650 when I did it.
    Ah okay, Thank you.
    Last edited by dspdrew; 03-03-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by dspdrew View Post
    Well, that's a bid, not a Buy it Now price. But okay, it's worth a shot.
    Yes it is and that is how people have gotten them for $650

Quote Originally Posted by dspdrew View Post
    Well, that's a bid, not a Buy it Now price. But okay, it's worth a shot.
    The 'Buy it now' ones all have a box for 'make an offer'. Make and offer of $680 now (Used to work at $630 lol) and they will accept it

Quote Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
    Quick question about the spool holders.

When I was installing the holders, I noticed each rod had two nuts on one side and one on the opposite side. I used the side with two nuts to attach it to the back of the machine, sandwiching the back panel (spool holder | nut | back panel | nut). This leaves a single nut on the opposite side. Is this correct? I saw some documentation that looks like they want you to use a nut to tighten the actual filament spool against the body (on the holder). However, with the two spools QIDI Tech included, the diameter of the spools are too large and the width of the holders are too narrow to able to be secured.

Thoughts?

Goto my post #56 here it has several links to thingiverse that you should print first that will help you get started.
    The one that specifically address your question go here and print them.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:571760
    Last edited by rcleav; 03-03-2016 at 02:03 PM.

@sygyzy
    3. I'm using MakerBot software too and the same happen but luckily i had filament loaded in the right extruder so I noticed it was doing the raft with right nozzle then main object in left nozzle. You have to got to settings in MakerBot then Custom -> Mult Material Printing -> Set 'Support Material Extruder' and 'Raft Material Extruder' to the correct ones. Then also make sure the object is using the correct extruder by clicking the big 'i' icon in bottom left of screen twice and selecting object then extruder type. Note sometimes if after making this change I enable or disable support or raft then options change. The best way to confirm it is using correct extruder is to click preview before every print. It will show left extruder in red and right extruder in white. This way you can see what the raft and object will use.

Also how did you set default extruder to left?

4. As above confirm with preview it is correct before printing.
    5. I choose Replicator Dual

Technician
    @g.gregory8

I don't think there's a way to set a default extruder. I know about the "i" icon and selecting the object and choosing extruder. However, even though I chose "Left" for the object, nothing was coming out. I think what was happening is this: since I chose to print the object with a raft, it was trying to use the right extruder (which was empty) to print the raft. Then it was going to use the left head to print the main object. The thing is, the raft does not show up in the program (ie there is no visual representation of it). So, when I click on the "i" icon to choose the extruder, I could only select and see the object and select a head for that.

I went to Custom | Multi Material Printing and was really confused about how I can set 'Support Material Extruder'. Annoyingly, Makerbot software decides to name the extruders Left and Right on some screens and 1 and 0 on other screens. What the heck?

It's pretty clear now that Makerbot considers the right extruder to be the "default". With that said, I might decide to just swap my spool over to the right. To be honest, I was hoping to use the left because my starter spool had the label on a certain side that made sense to load it on the left holder.

Last but not least - I've read one of the main reasons for a dual extruder is to have the raft material be different the main object. Since PLA and ABS prices are the same, what sort of "cheap" raft materials area out there?

I've always considered the right side the primary. Don't know why maybe because I'm right handed.
    Traditional support material was called HIPS I believe.
    BTW I haven't used rafts for months most of my prints haven't needed them.
    Only objects that have a very small base surface compared to the top need the extra support of a raft.
    Last edited by rcleav; 03-03-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Technician
    Good to know rcleav. I guess I dont understand rafts as much as supports. For supports, anytime I see something with overhang I assume it needs some supports. No big deal on left vs right. When I get home, I'll make PLA on the right (primary) and ABS on the left.

Page 41 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast