Close

Page 373 of 411 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    It is showing me the temp isn't good. Also to see my single wall width. I went up in temp and the sides got worse. Trying a lower now. Anyway I am just trying to get a feel for the material.

Jump in and let me know what you think on the temp, extrusion and speed settings to test with.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Cubes with no infill are a waste of time. 20x20x10, 100% infill or use some other test.
    Last edited by wirlybird; 11-13-2016 at 10:06 AM.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Sounds like you need to increase multiplier. There is no way to get a .4 wall with a .4 nozzle. That isn't what extrusion width means. A .4mm round filament under pressure is gonna come out of that hole bigger than .4 due to die swell. Then it gets smashed into a 200 micron height and that increases the width also.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Here is a single wall no infill cube. I have a lot of artifacts on the walls. 70 bed, 230 print, 100 extrusion multiplier and 1400mm/min speed. All prints done with a .4 nozzle at .4 width. The height is the usual 19.8 with a wall thickness of .47
    I am going to run another reducing the extrusin multiplier.
    Comments appreciated!! So far my PETG experience has not been to bad.

[IMG][/IMG]

Super Moderator
    Gottcha, what do you think of the rough surface? I was getting ready to print a regular part to see how it did but got busy. Will try one tomorrow.

Sounds like you need to increase multiplier. There is no way to get a .4 wall with a .4 nozzle. That isn't what extrusion width means. A .4mm round filament under pressure is gonna come out of that hole bigger than .4 due to die swell. Then it gets smashed into a 200 micron height and that increases the width also.

Super Moderator
    Kinda hard to tell in a picture. Everything always looks worse in close up pictures than it really is. Are retractions randomized? If yes, don't do that. Possibly too much retraction, but without seeing every setting used it is hard to tell.

And I hate photobucket, what an ad ridden site that has become. No I don't want to buy a camera. lol

Super Moderator
    Anyone tried to update the firmware on your QIDI? Isn't it a non standard sailfish?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Anyone tried to update the firmware on your QIDI? Isn't it a non standard sailfish?
    Don't know man, what are you expecting to gain by changing firmware? It isn't going to print any faster.

Super Moderator
    Just wondering. I think flashprint just told me there is a firmware update for the Flashforge Creator Pro but I haven't gone back to look.

Don't know man, what are you expecting to gain by changing firmware? It isn't going to print any faster.

Super Moderator
    newegg.com has good prices on Hatchbox. Free shipping. Not as fast as Amazon but Amazon wanted 45 for the color I wanted and NE was 22. Paid 22 last time from Amazon.

lots of good info on here thanks! my prints seem to be doing ok but at times my printer sounds like it is going to break itself while filling in. the head moves so much it shakes everything. is the acceleration too high from factory? how do i change it ?

thanks

Engineer
    Angus (aka Maker's Muse) has done a review of the QiDi Tech X-One 3D printer. Apparently QiDi sent him one to check out.
    Spoiler Alert: His review is quite favorable, aside from the color...

You can watch his review at https://youtu.be/B-rIc3XIYUg

Page 373 of 411 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383 ... LastLast