Close

Page 356 of 411 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 4110
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    What kind of issues are you having. Are they not printing at all or partially printing?
    I have recently had issues with Simplify3D files when sending the gcode files to OctoPrint they fail but if I run the x3g file directly from the SD card they work fine. The same exact one.

Now that being said in Simplify 3D it outputs both the x3g file and gcode file at the same time. If the gocde file is accidentally being the one copied to the SD card that could be the issue as QIDI only prints x3g files from the card yet only gcode from OctoPi.

On my system, S3D always copies both the GCODE and the X3G files onto the SD card. It does not seem to present the QiDi with any issues as the only one it "sees" is the X3G.

What is it doing exactly?
    Messed up printing no printing?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    On my system, S3D always copies both the GCODE and the X3G files onto the SD card. It does not seem to present the QiDi with any issues as the only one it "sees" is the X3G.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    Speaking on my issue with OctoPrint this is what is going on.
    Once I save a file I normally send the gcode file to OctoPi and print. For some reason after what I think was an updated it will just pause and never finish during prints. I have taken the same file and gcode does not fully print but the s3g file on being copied to the SD will.
    I have rebuilt OctoPrint from scratch and it fixed nothing. First with no updates then with updates.
    Here is my print of the same design saved at the same time. No changes. The x3g file printed the fan covers great the cgode I normally send to OctpoPi pauses part way through the raft and just stops. Will not unpause with the lcd menu or on OctoPrint.
    Just to make sure nothing was messed up I did another two color frog and it would not even start with the gcode yet the x3g file printed fine.
    I did not change any S3D settings either. I am at a loss.
    As you can see the failed one with the blob at the corner.
    I've not a clue about octoprint. Does octo convert the Gcode into X3G? Can you print correctly when going directly through the USB port from S3G rather than thru the SD card? By the way, that's a good looking frog print. I like the color combo.

Super Moderator
    Anyone still using a WIFI SD card for the printer?

What cards and size are you using?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    With the file sizes we use size really isn't important. There is info out there about Toshiba Flash Air working, however I tried it and couldn't get it to connect. It could be it doesn't like my router or router config or something though.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    With the file sizes we use size really isn't important. There is info out there about Toshiba Flash Air working, however I tried it and couldn't get it to connect. It could be it doesn't like my router or router config or something though.

I guess there is no reason not to go with the 8GB Sandisk cards like what come with the printers. It's a good brand.

Engineer

I solely use the Toshiba Air Card (V3). Only one of them per printer is needed. I manage its content just as you would any other folder containing files. The one I have is a 16GB size, but I doubt I've had more than 2-3 GB of files on it at a time. More files than that and it takes too long to scroll through everything when selecting the file you wish to print.

Setup was not trivial (IMO) but only took an hour or so to read through the whole thread and then do it. There were some details in the setup process that were not obvious: WiFi Router Channel # had to be < 11. It also seemed that the WiFi on my Windows PC needed to be enabled during installation, even though I found I could disable it again after the Air Card was up and working.

I am extremely pleased with how well the Air Card works. I've had no problems with it at all.

Engineer
    I guess there is no reason not to go with the 8GB Sandisk cards like what come with the printers. It's a good brand.
    Before I got the Toshiba Air Card, I used several of these 8GB SanDisk cards: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FM5E1EY I had zero problems with them.

I also had one of these 16GB PNY class 10 type and had sporadic problems with the QiDi reading its content: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DX5D49S

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Before I got the Toshiba Air Card, I used several of these 8GB SanDisk cards: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FM5E1EY I had zero problems with them.

I also had one of these 16GB PNY class 10 type and had sporadic problems with the QiDi reading its content: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DX5D49S
    I was thinking on the WIFI one until I saw the price! No way! The class 10 cards handle data a bit different and I am not sure if they are that compatible.

Technician
    Alrighty, so I've gone ahead and taken a couple days off, but now I'm back. A SCUBA diver at work wants a couple of the tentacle iPad holders for himself and his son. So, some people are liking things.

I haven't had anything to show off or complain about. However, I've just started printing a couple of these https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1004996/#files (because I can...) and came across an annoyance that I keep forgetting to ask about. Of course once I've got 10 layers down I realize it's doing it at .1mm, which means it'll take needlessly long to do. Oh well.

How can I change my S3D defaults so that any time I choose PLA profile it turns on the turbofan?
    Last edited by Merijeek; 10-14-2016 at 04:22 PM.

Page 356 of 411 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406 ... LastLast