Close

Page 340 of 411 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 4110
    Try Meltink and Soultech. So far they have both been great for me.
    The Meltink PLA/PHA is almost as hard as ABS. E-Sun PeTG is great as well. Much much better than ABS, seems way stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Well ... Makergeeks is not responding to emails about bad filament. Might have been the last order.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Well ... Makergeeks is not responding to emails about bad filament. Might have been the last order.
    How long has it been?

They kinda busy over there right now with getting the new expansion to their plant running smooth, so be a little bit longer wait to hear back from em than usual.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    How long has it been?

They kinda busy over there right now with getting the new expansion to their plant running smooth, so be a little bit longer wait to hear back from em than usual.

Well they can't stop daily business and leave current customers hanging. I have had to buy another roll elsewhere because I don't know what they will do. Had to get the print done.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    How long has it been?
    When they get a customer with bad filament complaint their first response is to offer a replacement roll. (Thank you Joshua.) I suspect this process solves ~98% of the problems. However, if for some reason the replacement roll doesn't work out then their playlist seems to get a bit sparse. Then their response can't be a canned process, and I'm guessing that there's just not enough time built into their business model to handle that situation.

Technician
    My first printer was a Bowden type.

This may seem like a silly question, but what is the point of the spring/lever setup on the extruder of this model? Even having disassembled it, I don't see what the setup accomplishes.

Technician
    I've really had an impossible time dealing with ABS. How hard is it to get their PeTG to adhere?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    My first printer was a Bowden type.

This may seem like a silly question, but what is the point of the spring/lever setup on the extruder of this model? Even having disassembled it, I don't see what the setup accomplishes.
    The spring and lever hold tension onto the smooth feed wheel, what presses the filament into the toothed feed gear.
    The stiffness of the spring is abit important. To much pressure and the main (toothed) feed gear is just gonna tear the material up, to little and the feed gear can slip on the filament, causing it to feed wrong or not at all.

Technician
    I guess the point/question is what is the point of being able to release the tension? Just to back out the filament or...?

Super Moderator
    Here is a cube I am doing, trying to dial in some Hatchbox ABS. The pics are of the same spot on the cube from different angles.
    ABS - 210
    Bed 90
    QIDI Tech-1 fully enclosed
    S3D
    This is the corner set for start points. I have been turning down the temp to see if this will go away or reduce but it is not.
    I am ran a print with start point optimized to see how that did and that spot is better but still there.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    I guess the point/question is what is the point of being able to release the tension? Just to back out the filament or...?
    Pretty much just to back filament out.
    But it really was not designed with releasing tension at all, that is just the nature of a spring-loaded tension arm.

Page 340 of 411 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390 ... LastLast