Close

Page 335 of 411 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 4110
    I have never had my ABS prints crack. Not even the large flat ones to hook up the exhaust duct to a window outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Those cracks are inevitable with ABS. Try running extruder a little hotter like 240, it helps layer adhesion.

Yes you are right the chamber is too cold, but running it at the right temp with this printer design isn't so good on the steppers.

Get yourself a cheap 3d pen. Esun makes one for about 30 bucks. Load up the same filament and inject plastic in the cracks before smoothing.

Splitting the model in half and printing in 2 pieces might help. Heck it split right down the middle anyway lol so might as well just plan for that then glue together.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    So, this might be a blazingly obvious question, but how do I choose which extruder gets used on which piece?
    To my mind, what I have selected here should do the left extruder. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Am I missing something obvious here?
    The screen that you captured and embedded in your post just lists the extruders, it does not select which is to be used in the upcoming print. The "Layer" tab on the left of the middle row allows you to select the primary extruder to be used in the upcoming print. If you use the "Auto Configure Extruders" selection on the upper right, it will configure the Layer extruder selection as well.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    It is ABS and they call it Navy blue but it looks gray-blue but not navy for sure. It was a new roll not replacement.
    What was wrong with it? So far I've had one roll of MG ABS "sassy silver" bubble and sputter a bit as it came out of the nozzle. I had never had that happen previously with any filament. Told them and immediately got a replacement roll. Unfortunately the second roll did the same darn thing, maybe to a slightly lesser degree. After some testing, they both seem to print OK, so I am ignoring it for now, but they both still bubble and abruptly shift the direction that they are extruded from the nozzle.

Engineer
    I attended a Maker Fair in Silver Spring Maryland earlier today. I've never been to one before. It was primarily oriented toward exciting the interests of children in STEM, but there were over a dozen 3D printers there. About half were MakerBot variants, the remainder were Kossel Rep Rap, Prusa I3 or similar, Taz, Afinia, Tarantula, and several scratch built machines. Most were printing away. Saw some PETG prints, that material appeared very similar to, but a lot more flexible than MG Crystal PLA. And about a thousand kids with little robots or grippers or airplanes etc. I was hoping to find some other 3D printing enthusiasts in or really near Annapolis, but no joy.

Super Moderator
    So, this might be a blazingly obvious question, but how do I choose which extruder gets used on which piece?

To my mind, what I have selected here should do the left extruder. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Am I missing something obvious here? Attachment 9601

Look at the top right and you will see it is on the right extruder still.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    What was wrong with it? So far I've had one roll of MG ABS "sassy silver" bubble and sputter a bit as it came out of the nozzle. I had never had that happen previously with any filament. Told them and immediately got a replacement roll. Unfortunately the second roll did the same darn thing, maybe to a slightly lesser degree. After some testing, they both seem to print OK, so I am ignoring it for now, but they both still bubble and abruptly shift the direction that they are extruded from the nozzle.

Same thing. Bubbled like crazy.

Technician
    If that's the case, any guess what it means if I'm working with the left extruder (as specified on the left)? I thought since that's in the non-advanced config that would be basically a quick-set default and I would be modifying it from there.

...also, does anyone ever lubricate their Qidi? And if so, where? Just the central Z-rod or are there other spots?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    The screen that you captured and embedded in your post just lists the extruders, it does not select which is to be used in the upcoming print. The "Layer" tab on the left of the middle row allows you to select the primary extruder to be used in the upcoming print. If you use the "Auto Configure Extruders" selection on the upper right, it will configure the Layer extruder selection as well.
    It also lets you set the parameters shown under the extruder tab.

Engineer
    If that's the case, any guess what it means if I'm working with the left extruder (as specified on the left)? I thought since that's in the non-advanced config that would be basically a quick-set default and I would be modifying it from there.

...also, does anyone ever lubricate their Qidi? And if so, where? Just the central Z-rod or are there other spots?
    Lubrication procedure notes from cncartist:
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...6372#post86372

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Same thing. Bubbled like crazy.
    Did MG indicate what the problem might be? Do you have any theories or other/similar experience with this problem?

Page 335 of 411 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385 ... LastLast