Close

Page 329 of 411 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 4110
    Simplify 3D, it works great. I took the plunge and bought it about I guess a week or almost two now. It is so much easier to use and has so many controls, settings and support it is well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    Hi all. I've had my Qidi a week now and am having an interesting time with it.

I'm hoping I can get some help on a couple questions.

First of all, I'm trying to figure out how to get past some first layer issues. Is there a way in the Makerbot software to increase the thickness of only the bottom layers? I haven't found anything useful yet.

Second, is there a practical alternative to the Makerbot Desktop software? I've got some practice with other software for an MP Mini (which I liked a lot better than the Makerbot software), and really don't like the Makerbot software.

Finally (for now) I am having a seriously tough time getting my prints off my bed. Anything wide, such as a 3" Catan hex takes some major effort to get off the bed, and typically involves putting some gouges on the sides of the piece.

Suggestions?
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

It takes gcode if you are running an OctoPi, but if you are importing using the SD slot it accepts only x3g files.
    I am not sure on direct USB connection how it going though. I have not looked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    Well, I've actually done some messing around with Slic3r and Cura when I was doing Repetier with the MP Mini. And I definitely liked them better. However...

(try to follow my thought process here)

From reading around, near as I understood, this printer won't take a regular .gcode file. It takes the .x3g. Continuing that thought, to get an .x3g file we need to have the Makerbot software (or S3D).

Am I wrong in this?
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    I put supports in mine. I am yanking them out now. They are only in the big part. the flute itself has none.
    How has it been working out for you? I like the way this one fits on as well.
    First a word of caution: Watch out that the length of the support screw is not so long that it hits the belts! I ended up cutting down a flat head wood screw for mine.

When I am printing dual extruder PLA it is needed and is a big help. However, that does not happen too often here. I usually print with a single extruder using PLA from the left and ABS on the right. As I've mentioned before, I use the blower for most of my ABS prints, and this design seems to work for me for both ABS and PLA prints. Most often though I just run with the left only blower duct. That's why this one is not mounted.

I'd like to have multiple fans that I could proportionately control independently, but the QiDi does not support that.

Nice they look great.
    I am almost ready to print the cable chain you gave me the link to on ThingiVerse. I went for the dual blower today though. It was cool as I had supports in it but they were the accordian kind. I got a hold of the first part by the opening and carefully pulled and it all came out. I have the printer dialed in for ABS I hope the blower fan upgrade will help with PLA.

Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    A plate of green cable chain pieces printed with the new CF platform.

The pieces came out a bit better than before and the build plate didn't need to be leveled for the next print which I was happy about. After a couple basic stress tests I'm going to try and print something difficult with a lot of detail and I'm hoping to see a large improvement in "ringing".
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

I agree on the multiple fans that is for sure. I think it would be great. For now it does not support it but I bet if we all email and ask it might be in the next firmware upgrade. Their service has been great for me so far.
    I was going to cut the screw anyways once I found one. I saw on the ThingiVerse post for it they talked about it.
    That reminds me. I have tons of different screws and such but not many of the kind that are used in most of the projects I see. Do you have a place you buy screws from that have them from the ones for computer and RPi parts to the sets for jointed parts like hands and light holders? I have ordered some of the things I dont have and browsed my local hardware store but a ton of the types needed I cannot find.

Here are my blower pics. I will install it in a few mins. I was really happy the support came out like that. Just an accordion ribbon. I shined a light behind it from one of my bright assed LED flashlights and could see all the structure came out.
    Nice flow on it as well.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    First a word of caution: Watch out that the length of the support screw is not so long that it hits the belts! I ended up cutting down a flat head wood screw for mine.

When I am printing dual extruder PLA it is needed and is a big help. However, that does not happen too often here. I usually print with a single extruder using PLA from the left and ABS on the right. As I've mentioned before, I use the blower for most of my ABS prints, and this design seems to work for me for both ABS and PLA prints. Most often though I just run with the left only blower duct. That's why this one is not mounted.

I'd like to have multiple fans that I could proportionately control independently, but the QiDi does not support that.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Are these fully metal from one end to the other or two pieces of metal in a plastic handle? I keep finding ones that are not full tang and they eventually break on my. I use them in PC and phone repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    My favorite Spudgers for removing supports...
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Best...618321470.html
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    A plate of green cable chain pieces printed with the new CF platform.

The pieces came out a bit better than before and the build plate didn't need to be leveled for the next print which I was happy about. After a couple basic stress tests I'm going to try and print something difficult with a lot of detail and I'm hoping to see a large improvement in "ringing".

Very nice!! Looks good.

Super Moderator
    Looking good! I've learn some things printing these things. Aside from some frustration it has been a good exercise.

I agree on the multiple fans that is for sure. I think it would be great. For now it does not support it but I bet if we all email and ask it might be in the next firmware upgrade. Their service has been great for me so far.
    I was going to cut the screw anyways once I found one. I saw on the ThingiVerse post for it they talked about it.
    That reminds me. I have tons of different screws and such but not many of the kind that are used in most of the projects I see. Do you have a place you buy screws from that have them from the ones for computer and RPi parts to the sets for jointed parts like hands and light holders? I have ordered some of the things I dont have and browsed my local hardware store but a ton of the types needed I cannot find.

Here are my blower pics. I will install it in a few mins. I was really happy the support came out like that. Just an accordion ribbon. I shined a light behind it from one of my bright assed LED flashlights and could see all the structure came out.
    Nice flow on it as well.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Engineer
    Are these fully metal from one end to the other or two pieces of metal in a plastic handle? I keep finding ones that are not full tang and they eventually break on my. I use them in PC and phone repairs.
    Yes. A magnet will pick them up on the ends and in the middle as well.

I agree, I have learned a ton doing all this. Especially how to dial in my settings.
    I am going to try a PLA print in a little while. I have to decide what I want to print. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Looking good! I've learn some things printing these things. Aside from some frustration it has been a good exercise.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Page 329 of 411 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379 ... LastLast