Close

Page 320 of 411 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 4110
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    I am getting closer but I cannot figure out what is causing the saggy look.
    Any ideas?
    I am thinking I am going to print a dual blower now I have to decide which.
    OK, the base looks good now. The piece is sticking and not moving around during the print. IMO dropping the nozzle temp to 185 is too far. I think 195/200, but I tend to run things a bit hotter.
    This is MakerGeek's Raptor PLA at 230/60.

Engineer
    It sticks tight that is for sure.
    I will adjust it down slower and print a fan duct with ABS as well.
    I like the dual fan one but I've got to order the second fan and powered splitter for it.
    Please note that particular dual fan design does reduce the build volume because it enlarges the size and weight of the extruder assy in the Y-axis. On the other hand you could also remove the current blower and increase the X-axis build volume...

Super Moderator
    Does anyone know if the QIDI Tech-1 board will support two independent cooling fans? We have one on the left but can we control one on the right also?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Does anyone know if the QIDI Tech-1 board will support two independent cooling fans? We have one on the left but can we control one on the right also?
    You can't install the same assembly on the right side. I think you are better off printing one of the fan duct extensions for both nozzles.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    You can't install the same assembly on the right side. I think you are better off printing one of the fan duct extensions for both nozzles.

That is what I was thinking also. Do you think that the fan will move enough volume for the second nozzle outlet to give uniform cooling to both?

I don't think I am going to do volumetrics on the fan duct!
    Last edited by wirlybird; 09-19-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    That is what I was thinking also. Do you think that the fan will move enough volume for the second nozzle outlet to give uniform cooling to both?

I don't think I am going to do volumetrics on the fan duct!
    It should be ok. The one duct probably restricts airflow some anyway.

I purchased one of these over the weekend. Had a couple of issues initially. The heated bed worked intermittently and the turbo fan didnt run at all. I found two faulty connectors after tracing everything back. I've attached a picture of the shorted connector (internal leafs were too wide). Fortunately I found a good electronics shop in Tucson that had the connectors. Saved me having to jury rig it. You can see where it was arcing and melted the plastic housing.
    923.jpg

Depends on which one you choose. A couple that have been posted here do not seem to impact movement of the system at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Please note that particular dual fan design does reduce the build volume because it enlarges the size and weight of the extruder assy in the Y-axis. On the other hand you could also remove the current blower and increase the X-axis build volume...
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Engineer
    Depends on which one you choose. A couple that have been posted here do not seem to impact movement of the system at all.
    Yes, of the blower systems I had posted I have actually tried the first and third I listed (copy below). As you had mentioned that the design you favored required that you purchase a second blower and a power splitter, I inferred you were interested in the second of the three I had posted. That particular dual blower design does reduce the Y-axis build volume, and I wanted to make sure that you were aware of that difference. The two that I have tried do not impact the build volume.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1542849 dual rear uses existing blower
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1695189 dual rear reqs 2 x blowers on back
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1716089 Single, uses existing blower, improved ductwork for left blower

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCroup View Post
    I purchased one of these over the weekend. Had a couple of issues initially. The heated bed worked intermittently and the turbo fan didnt run at all. I found two faulty connectors after tracing everything back. I've attached a picture of the shorted connector (internal leafs were too wide). Fortunately I found a good electronics shop in Tucson that had the connectors. Saved me having to jury rig it. You can see where it was arcing and melted the plastic housing.
    That is really ugly! Congratulations on finding that. When plugged in, that portion of the connector would not have been visible, other than possibly the smoke?

Page 320 of 411 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370 ... LastLast