Close

Page 312 of 411 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 4110
    Cool this is good to know.
    I am getting closer to having this work but still not right. I can say this as well. I cannot wait until my PrintBite plates get here. the boat keeps coming un-moored from the bed. I have purple glue which works great for everything else even the PeTG I tested and dialed in the last few days.

Here are some pics of my most recent. extruder temp 200, bed 60.
    I will reupload the other images from S3D in a few mins so you can see all my settings.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...915_222741.jpg
    http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...915_222722.jpg
    http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...915_222809.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Links for Images to be embedded are of the form [XXXimg]http://i.imgur.com/W20rVLF.jpg[/XXXimg] with the "XXX" text removed. If I don't put those "XXX"es in there this BBS puts up the image instead of the text and hides the text...
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

I fixed the images in the past post of the S3D settings.
    Are they better for you to read now or do I need to scale them up more?
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Super Moderator
    On some other boards it seems every time over/under extrusion comes up and anyone mentions the extrusion multiplier everyone jumps on the "you need to calibrate the extruder" band wagon. Why is this? I've been told we don't need to worry about it but why?

I can see that if you tell it to extrude 100mm but it only does 90 then it would be an issue so why wouldn't we want to calibrate the extruders?

Thanks for any insight.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    I fixed the images in the past post of the S3D settings.
    Are they better for you to read now or do I need to scale them up more?
    Sorry, but they look the same to me. Still unreadable.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Cause a lot saying that use Marlin firmware and it has that calibration stuff semi built in. So they mention it assuming that all firmware has that setting built in. Sailfish kind of does, but it isn't as "out there" as other firmwares.

What's wrong with calibrating on the fly with Extrusion multiplier? Even if you calculated a new number for filament adjustments to the Multiplier may still need to be made. So instead of adjusting in the .85-.9 range you would be adusting in the .98-1.03 range. The end result is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    On some other boards it seems every time over/under extrusion comes up and anyone mentions the extrusion multiplier everyone jumps on the "you need to calibrate the extruder" band wagon. Why is this? I've been told we don't need to worry about it but why?

I can see that if you tell it to extrude 100mm but it only does 90 then it would be an issue so why wouldn't we want to calibrate the extruders?

Thanks for any insight.

Super Moderator
    But if you wanted to here is the code. Note that your drive gear diameter may be 11mm, but they are accounting for how far the teeth sink into the filament.

<geometry type="cartesian">

<axis id="a" length="100000" maxfeedrate="1600" stepspermm="96.275201870333662468889989185642" endstops="none"/> <!-- stepspermm is incoming filament length, see comment at bottom for explanation -->
    <axis id="b" length="100000" maxfeedrate="1600" stepspermm="96.275201870333662468889989185642" endstops="none"/> <!-- stepspermm is incoming filament length, see comment at bottom for explanation -->

<!-- explanation of steps per mm:
    Steps/mm is calculated by dividing the 'drive gear steps per revolution' (in this case, equal to motor_steps) by the 'drive gear circumference' (drive gear diameter = 10.58)
    So we get: 3200/(PI*10.58) = 96.275...
    -->

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Cause a lot saying that use Marlin firmware and it has that calibration stuff semi built in. So they mention it assuming that all firmware has that setting built in. Sailfish kind of does, but it isn't as "out there" as other firmwares.

What's wrong with calibrating on the fly with Extrusion multiplier? Even if you calculated a new number for filament adjustments to the Multiplier may still need to be made. So instead of adjusting in the .85-.9 range you would be adusting in the .98-1.03 range. The end result is the same.

Thanks for - again - explaining! I am with you on this. Keep it simple. If you don't need to do the calibration then don't waste time on it!!

I know I ask the same "ting" ten different ways at times but there is still so much for me to learn and understand.

Need help drilling an oilwell or flying a helicopter - I have you covered but I am just getting started in this stuff!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Thanks for - again - explaining! I am with you on this. Keep it simple. If you don't need to do the calibration then don't waste time on it!!

I know I ask the same "ting" ten different ways at times but there is still so much for me to learn and understand.

Need help drilling an oilwell or flying a helicopter - I have you covered but I am just getting started in this stuff!
    I'd take a ride in a Helicopter. Come pick me up in KC and take me to OKC. :-)

Ok here are updated pics of both results and settings. I have setup to test on the left extruder next but I need to address the first layer not sticking first to the bed. ABS is sticking and PeTG also. I have used glue even to no avail. Weird. It may be what is throwing off most of my print.
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Super Moderator
    Still looks like it is over extruding and to hot. You are still using the right extruder, what fan/cooling do you have on it? Also slow down the overall speed and the first layer speed.

I would say heat and speed could be the two things to look at.

Page 312 of 411 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362 ... LastLast