Close

Page 293 of 411 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Dual color extrusion isn't used much in reality. It is nice to have the capability though. The last dual color print I did with one nozzle, just paused and switched out filament. On that particular design it made more sense to do it that way since only the top layer was the second color.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    how many of you print duel colour objects.
    in my case its almost never and i am thinking of doing away with the second stepper and extruder set up.

Just wanting to know what your thoughts on this are
    I finish and paint probably 80% of what I print.
    I use right side extruder...left side stepper is sitting on the shelf lol. No point running the extra weight if you not gonna use it.
    Just keep in mind the the right side stepper is what hits the limit switch, so if you plan on using left side only you will need to make a shim to hit the limiter.

Dual color extrusion is kinda gimmicky imo. It is a selling point for the machine rather than a practical feature.
    One of the reasons I still wanna sell and get some single nozzle machines.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    how many of you print duel colour objects.
    in my case its almost never and i am thinking of doing away with the second stepper and extruder set up.

Just wanting to know what your thoughts on this are
    When I selected the QiDi I expected to be doing two color prints and using the 2nd extruders for supports etc. I've done about 6 two color prints and have yet to buy any of the support filaments. So pretty poor ROI so far for that feature.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    When I selected the QiDi I expected to be doing two color prints and using the 2nd extruders for supports etc. I've done about 6 two color prints and have yet to buy any of the support filaments. So pretty poor ROI so far for that feature.
    Remember this is a clone of a machine from back in Jan 2012 when the market was very young. They were adding features to see how the market would take them. I would say it is actually nice having a dual extruder for the simple fact that you get spare parts.

One thing that you should be able to do with the new X machine is use the carriage for single extruder on the dual machine.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Remember this is a clone of a machine from back in Jan 2012 when the market was very young. They were adding features to see how the market would take them. I would say it is actually nice having a dual extruder for the simple fact that you get spare parts.

One thing that you should be able to do with the new X machine is use the carriage for single extruder on the dual machine.

I decided I wanted a dual extruder simply from reading and the possability of two color prints but what I found is it has been handy to have PLA and ABS loaded at the same time so i can switch back and forth between whichever I need for the current print. The only downsid eis dragging an extruder but that goes away with proper setup.

Engineer

I completely agree regarding spares, I currently view it as having a warm spare extruder. I've not done enough research into support filament materials, is there a "no-brainer" solution for that yet?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I completely agree regarding spares, I currently view it as having a warm spare extruder. I've not done enough research into support filament materials, is there a "no-brainer" solution for that yet?
    Really with modern slicing software supports of the same material are usually just fine and generally remove without leaving too much of a scar, if any.

I have some PVA, but it isn't generally heat compatible with ABS. ABS is better with HIPS, but that is a chemical dependent support material to remove.

PVA is nice since it is just wash with water.

Super Moderator
    Really with modern slicing software supports of the same material are usually just fine and generally remove without leaving too much of a scar, if any.

I have some PVA, but it isn't generally heat compatible with ABS. ABS is better with HIPS, but that is a chemical dependent support material to remove.

PVA is nice since it is just wash with water.

Haven't tried PVA but I can see it being usefull at times. Any particular brand reccomendation etc. to get?

Super Moderator
    I got some at MicroCenter. Just keep it in a dry box as it sucks up water like a sponge.

Thanks for the feedback i am thinking i will remove the right side stepper and fan set up and make a shim up for the limit switch and if there iver is a time i need the second extruder its all still on the shelf i just have t reassemble it.
    I am also pretty keen to get my hands on one of the 10mm rod upgrade kitds that jfkansas has to offer as my machine only has the 8mm z rods.

Page 293 of 411 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast