Close

Page 283 of 411 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Exactly, I have had this happen. When from red to yellow with the "traditional" run the new stuff right in on top of the old. After numerous prints I was still getting contamination. Figured out an unload method that works great and the yellow came out with red on it.

Have you guys determined a length of ptfe for the standard QIDI setup? I am just using what QIDI send with the nozzles.
    Do you have a supply of tubing to cut? Every piece I have seen is short so you will need to cut your own. Don't go by length, Just insert about 35mm of tubing in the nozzle and thermal tube outside of the heater block. Put tubing in and see how much gap it creates between the nozzle and thermal tube. Cut off some until you get the tiniest gap between nozzle and thermal tube.

Next reassemble, every hot end from every clone manufacturer does this wrong. Fully thread the thermal tube into the heater block first and tighten it up. Then tighten the nozzle into the block/thermal tube. It will hang down further when doing this so be sure to lower bed some.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Do you have a supply of tubing to cut? Every piece I have seen is short so you will need to cut your own. Don't go by length, Just insert about 35mm of tubing in the nozzle and thermal tube outside of the heater block. Put tubing in and see how much gap it creates between the nozzle and thermal tube. Cut off some until you get the tiniest gap between nozzle and thermal tube.

Next reassemble, every hot end from every clone manufacturer does this wrong. Fully thread the thermal tube into the heater block first and tighten it up. Then tighten the nozzle into the block/thermal tube. It will hang down further when doing this so be sure to lower bed some.

Great advice - thanks.

I do not have any bulk ptfe of that size. What do I need to get? What's a good source, I imagine eBay or Amazon!

Engineer
    Great advice - thanks.

I do not have any bulk ptfe of that size. What do I need to get? What's a good source, I imagine eBay or Amazon!
    The first 4mm OD PTFE I got was from BIQU but was oversize and too big to fit in the throat. It went back. The next came off Gearbest and was super cheap but took a few weeks to get here. It's fine but the delivery is probably not what you need. Was it Syd that mentioned he had heard rumors of some ultra high temperature flavor?

Super Moderator
    PTFE is PTFE, no real ultra high temp version. It if is ultra high temp (higher than about 260c) then it isn't PTFE.

McMaster has some, it is good. I got some off Amazon, look for Flourotherm brand.

Engineer
    PTFE is PTFE, no real ultra high temp version. It if is ultra high temp (higher than about 260c) then it isn't PTFE.

McMaster has some, it is good. I got some off Amazon, look for Flourotherm brand.
    4mm OD, 2mm ID

I looked back in posts, it was Syd: "Got a guy I used to buy robotics parts from says he has PTFE tubing that's rated for 800°F and same size (at least O.D. is) as what I got in printer."

Super Moderator

Found it at both places but what size should I look for?

Super Moderator
    2mm ID and 4mm OD

Super Moderator
    2mm ID and 4mm OD

I'm thinking to go with McMaster, reviews are all over the place on Amazon for bad sizes etc.

Here is what I found -http://www.mcmaster.com/#ptfe/=13rme2d
    I am thinking the first on the page with no strip - it is measured in mm.

Any opinions on this?!

Engineer
    I'm thinking to go with McMaster, reviews are all over the place on Amazon for bad sizes etc.

Any opinions on this?!
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#52335k32/=13rml60 looks fine to me.

Engineer

Any opinions on this?!
    If you look on Amazon, search with this: ptfe 3d printer 4mm od 2mm id
    I use amazon prime as a filter too. I seem to be buying more on-line these days and joined up with that service. I really like no shipping costs and easy delivery tracking.

Page 283 of 411 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast