Close

Page 271 of 411 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    The Flexion extruders are JUNK and so is the QIDI. Tow belts broke and one side of the gantry actually fell out while printing. This whole thing is seconds away from going in the trash.
    Whats wrong with the extruders? I just got new stock of my setups. They are great.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Ya really, it is kinda hard to break belts. But they are inexpensive and easy to replace with better ones if the qidi ones are bad.
    Suggestion on a source for "better" ones?

Super Moderator
    Really haven't ever had to source any. Maybe monoprice? They have flashforge belts.

Engineer
    Whats wrong with the extruders? I just got new stock of my setups. They are great.
    Flexion says they have a new high temperature version that's coming out in a few weeks. It's using some flavor of Micro Swiss hardware.

Super Moderator
    Ya really, it is kinda hard to break belts. But they are inexpensive and easy to replace with better ones if the qidi ones are bad.

I'm not sure now if they are bad or not but they came off. I spent an hour trying to take the thing apart just to get to it and am still not there. I would not call them easy to replace.

Super Moderator
    Is your first layer height setting in S3D set at less than 100?

That actually looks pretty good.

I'll have to look but it is should be at the default. I was still having first layer issues but this cube has no bottom layer. The height issue gets worse with taller prints so it seems it compounds by layer.
    The last prints before the meltdown I was getting the sides dialed in pretty good but a 20mm high cube no top or bottom was now 19.8 and that was consistent over a set of six.

Super Moderator

I can't get them dialed in and Flexion support has been non existent. I start the get the single wall width good and the overall height keeps getting worse. I had the old ones dialed in near perfect.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Flexion says they have a new high temperature version that's coming out in a few weeks. It's using some flavor of Micro Swiss hardware.
    that could explain a big price drop days after I bought mine. On top of all the other issues I added the price cut to the list of gripes but their support has been silent so far.

Super Moderator
    On a positive note from the meltdown, QIDI was very fast to respond to my request for help on how to replace the belts and align the gantry. The guy said " do not worry we will get it going again". So I give QIDI credit for effort with their product. Problems are easier to not sweat when you have support that really tries.

Of course, any one else can chime in here on advice - procedure!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    On a positive note from the meltdown, QIDI was very fast to respond to my request for help on how to replace the belts and align the gantry. The guy said " do not worry we will get it going again". So I give QIDI credit for effort with their product. Problems are easier to not sweat when you have support that really tries.

Of course, any one else can chime in here on advice - procedure!
    You never said which belts.

Page 271 of 411 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast