Close

Page 262 of 411 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by suds View Post
    Hey Dave, I made my own and I can upload the files later today. They happen to fit my borosilicate plates from China just right (friction fit). There isn't much overhang onto the build plate so they may not tolerate plates of slightly smaller dimension.

I'd be interested in see them. My glass is just slightly narrow side to side by about ~3mm and long front to back. Trying to devise a good system beyond the old document clips!

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Coming back to this - I made a new open hinge version that only lets go of the door 30 degrees from vertical. It also includes the slide to lock open feature, and won't pop off the hinge in that position.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1697406

I chose 30 degrees from vertical so that you can one-hand open the door through the whole part of the motion that wants to knock the door off the hinge. At 30 degrees, it needs your help to de-hinge.

Nice design, I like a good hinge. Yes I'm odd.

I've gotten away from modded hinges for the moment though, I've attached Neodymium magnets to my hinges so the door stays open when I lift it and the magnets fit perfectly in the hinge holes. Takes a bloody good knock to make it fall too.

But if I ever give up on that I'm definitely trying your hinges.

Engineer
    Coming back to this - I made a new open hinge version that only lets go of the door 30 degrees from vertical. It also includes the slide to lock open feature, and won't pop off the hinge in that position.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1697406

I chose 30 degrees from vertical so that you can one-hand open the door through the whole part of the motion that wants to knock the door off the hinge. At 30 degrees, it needs your help to de-hinge.
    Excellent remix, I've been really happy with the original version but I will print these and give them a try. Thanks Suds!

Did they change the door hinge design at some point? I have a fairly new unit and mine came with hinges with an adjustable tension screw. Properly adjusting that screw makes the door stay open by itself but still move easily.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Noircogi View Post
    Did they change the door hinge design at some point? I have a fairly new unit and mine came with hinges with an adjustable tension screw. Properly adjusting that screw makes the door stay open by itself but still move easily.
    These hinges allow you to simply lift the door entirely off the front whenever needed. This latest mod by Suds restricts the angle for removal to ~30 degrees, and also adds a "lock" position wherein the door is held open by sliding it slightly to the right.

What problem would that solve? I don't get it. Is it for transport or something? Do you take the hood off the top at the same time?

What problem would that solve? I don't get it. Is it for transport or something? Do you take the hood off the top at the same time?
    Some people prefer an open frame for certain prints and plastics that are prone to sloppiness without adequate cooling, like PLA. I personally tend to leave the door on in almost all cases and use the filament cooling fans, even on the occasions I print in PLA. But, it's nice to have options; I may one day conclude I've been doing it all wrong and need the door on and off all the time. Actually I take the door off all the time as it is for tinkering and servicing the machine.
    It's also fun to design these type of things

Hey wirlybird, I made my own and I can upload the files later today. They happen to fit my borosilicate plates from China just right (friction fit). There isn't much overhang onto the build plate so they may not tolerate plates of slightly smaller dimension.
    Hey again wirly, here are my glass plate corner brackets. I hopefully they help you.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:

Engineer
    I really enjoy working on the printer, so I am constantly messing with things inside it. I've got the top and the front door off and on all of the time, so being able to take it off and get it totally out of the way is really a convenience for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stwert View Post
    Nice design, I like a good hinge. Yes I'm odd.

I've gotten away from modded hinges for the moment though, I've attached Neodymium magnets to my hinges so the door stays open when I lift it and the magnets fit perfectly in the hinge holes. Takes a bloody good knock to make it fall too.

But if I ever give up on that I'm definitely trying your hinges.
    Nice, apparently I like a good hinge to. I wasn't going to make these but ultimately I couldn't help myself.
    These are printing for me way better in abs than in petg. I guess I haven't figured out the right print settings for petg yet as the surface finish is pretty rough compared to abs. It's mostly aesthetic though. In practical use both seem to work fine.

Page 262 of 411 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast