Close

Page 250 of 411 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    Figures, it's a nice feature when available on other forums. I haven't started a thread on this one yet so I wouldn't be able to test it here myself.
    I just checked and nope, no way to change the title which is sorely needed.

What I do not get is why this forum is littered with rubbish (I consider all ads rubbish) and charges too for forum creators (or is this just for businesses like Qidi?) but something like that isn't an option. A thread like this one shows it really is a needed function, but, as I said earlier, more and more forums are doing away with that which makes absolutely no damn sense to me.

Engineer
    Why does this thread say "Moved" in front of it now? Weirder yet, now I look and we are a sub topic under "Qidi 3D Printer Forum".

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Why does this thread say "Moved" in front of it now? Weirder yet, now I look and we are a sub topic under "Qidi 3D Printer Forum".
    Must mean the Qidi forum was finally implemented so they would move Qidi based threads there.

Technician
    Has anyone changed their firmware from Sailfish V7.8 (Qidi modified) to Sailfish V7.7 (official). My firmware acceleration control seems rather inconsistent, to the point where the carriage has moved to abruptly to cause stepper skipping (running at 90 for X and Y stepper current value). I know how to change the acceleration values in firmware, but am still noticing VERY choppy motion with very conservative numbers. I worry that Qidi messed with the firmware, and that things might improve by reverting to the official version. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
    Has anyone changed their firmware from Sailfish V7.8 (Qidi modified) to Sailfish V7.7 (official). My firmware acceleration control seems rather inconsistent, to the point where the carriage has moved to abruptly to cause stepper skipping (running at 90 for X and Y stepper current value). I know how to change the acceleration values in firmware, but am still noticing VERY choppy motion with very conservative numbers. I worry that Qidi messed with the firmware, and that things might improve by reverting to the official version. Anyone?
    Qidi DID mess with the firmware.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Qidi DID mess with the firmware.
    So can we revert to 7.7?

Engineer
    The user experiences I've read of sounded like it was doable, but was a real pain with an added risk of bricking the control board. What slicer are you using?

Technician
    Currently using cura 2.1.2. Noticing stringing between internal features that are being printed, like holes. Also, they dont print completely, like the extruder is stopping extruding too early. Also, sometimes it seems like the machine is banging back and forth and ignoring acceleration (300mm/s^2) when completing infill lines.

Engineer
    Just to be clear, I don't recall anyone suggesting doing this because it would be a great thing to do and would be a piece of cake.

So can we revert to 7.7?
    I am going to say no because of the changes they did to the firmware and because people have bricked their machine. I will tell anyone not to even attempt it.

On the Wanhao they did some sneaky shit and no real version (no, 7.8 is not a real number it is just some damn Chinese made up number to make them look important) of Sailfish works anymore. That community is a bit ticked and it seems to be a common thread with the Chinese these days to go grab some opensource then ignore the license for it and close source their machines then to even go one step farther and make sure the real open source firmware will not work on their machine.

Page 250 of 411 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast